Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
MAXON CINEMA 4D:Cinema 4D ForumCinema 4D TutorialsCinema 4D TagAdobe After Effects Forum

Basic selection question

COW Forums : Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
Kevin CaminBasic selection question
by on May 8, 2012 at 6:28:54 pm

I made some type with Motype. I converted it to a polygonal object. I just want to select some of the planar geometry on the letters, specifically the cap faces. But for the life of me I can't select the planes. I have the selection tool and the 'plane' tool selected. I feel like I"m missing something very simple.

Thanks.

Best regards,

Kevin Camin

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Adam TrachtenbergRe: Basic selection question
by on May 8, 2012 at 6:36:00 pm

I'm not sure what you mean by the "planar tool". In any case, when you make motext editable it conversts each letter to an extrude nurbs object. If you want to make it fully editable geometry you have to select all the extrude nurbs objects and then make them editable.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Brian JonesRe: Basic selection question
by on May 8, 2012 at 7:17:26 pm

I'm guessing 'poly'

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Thomas BlackRe: Basic selection question
by on May 9, 2012 at 6:58:53 pm

It's hard to picture what you are trying to accomplish without a file to take a look at. Would it be possible to see your file.

thanks, grafxexchangeportal.com
DPIT EFFEX tutorials

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]