Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
MAXON CINEMA 4D:Cinema 4D ForumCinema 4D TutorialsCinema 4D TagAdobe After Effects Forum

Cinema 4D Shadow Pass not rendering in Alpha.

COW Forums : Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
Chris WoodCinema 4D Shadow Pass not rendering in Alpha.
by on May 1, 2012 at 12:40:41 am

Hi,

So I have my scene where I have the 3D stone, casting a shadow onto a Shadow catcher plane.

I have already rendered out the stone (which took bleedin' hours) and now I just want to render the shadow out completely separate.

Unfortunately, no matter what PNG settings I use, I end up with a black and white image, where really I just want the shadows and literally nothing else (everything else just transparent)

Here is my image:

http://img821.imageshack.us/img821/5798/manfatherhiredivyshadow.png

Thank you!

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Post removed.

Josemarcos GananRe: Cinema 4D Shadow Pass not rendering in Alpha.
by on May 1, 2012 at 8:28:16 am

Sorry, this is not exactly. You must render the object that cast shadow and the plane that accepts it from multipass with the object buffer different numbers in order to have control over each item separately in post (AE, Motion...) You know, Compositing Tag, Object Buffer, and, yes, Multipass.

Poor english...

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Josemarcos GananRe: Cinema 4D Shadow Pass not rendering in Alpha.
by on May 1, 2012 at 8:36:32 am

Ok, you must to render with the Compositing Tag in the object that casts shadow and the one (plane probably) taht accepts it, setting different object buffer number for each one.

Poor english...

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Darby EdelenRe: Cinema 4D Shadow Pass not rendering in Alpha.
by on May 4, 2012 at 6:28:23 am

[Chris Wood] "Unfortunately, no matter what PNG settings I use, I end up with a black and white image, where really I just want the shadows and literally nothing else (everything else just transparent)"

Looks to me like you could invert that shadow render and use that as alpha for a black layer in photoshop or AE.

Is there a reason you wouldn't want to just multiply this shadow pass into your image though?

Darby Edelen

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]