Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
MAXON CINEMA 4D:Cinema 4D ForumCinema 4D TutorialsCinema 4D TagAdobe After Effects Forum

glow inside lamp

COW Forums : Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
Victor Camacho Guerreroglow inside lamp
by on Apr 22, 2012 at 5:33:37 pm

Hi hello i am creating a scene such as this:

http://slimpaley.files.wordpress.com/2009/10/lantern-floating-hawaii.jpg?w=...

my main doubt is how to follow the process to glow the light inside the lamps. I have created my model in 3D. I am gonna place my 3d model and using 3D tracking will be inside my scene.

The question is which path is better : create the glow inside after effect or inside cinema 4D?

Thanks

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Adam TrachtenbergRe: glow inside lamp
by on Apr 23, 2012 at 3:41:38 am

I would create it inside of Cinema using a texture to create the look of the shade (place in luminance channel). You can put lights inside (set not to cast shadows) to cast light around the objects.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Craig RickerRe: glow inside lamp
by on Apr 23, 2012 at 6:30:33 am

Out of curioursity how do you get all the lights to track to the water movements? Is that what you meant when you said track? I know how to track planar surfaces etc in mocha, but I wouldn't know where to track water?

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Victor Camacho GuerreroRe: glow inside lamp
by on Apr 23, 2012 at 10:52:35 am

Hello everyone,

after being between render times, I think it is better solution and faster going with the AE solution.

The reasons:

- After following this topic: http://forums.creativecow.net/thread/19/863440
I realized how difficult ( and long) is getting right the glow trhough the paper in 3D.
- Glow in Cinema has loads of limitations
- Ae has way more options for creating glow.

SOLUTION:
- I did the lantern in 3d with a normal pass.
- Using the amazing plugin Camera Tracker I put my lantern in 3d.
- I duplicated the cube , using this position I created a light ( using mask and feather and glow effect) and add over the lantern using the right blending mode.
- Because the wood cannot be totally affected by the light, I used a rotobrush on the wood part of the lantern, and I put this layer over the lantern. Making the light wrapped inside.
- For the water, what i am going to use it is the same lantern, by applying distort effect such as same when you creathe ripples for fire and use the right blending mode over the water.I guess i will need again rotobrush and 3d tracking to place perfect the effect.

I hope this helps to someone!!!

Cheers

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Adam TrachtenbergRe: glow inside lamp
by on Apr 28, 2012 at 8:49:01 pm

As you wish, but I think it's probably a lot easier to do it in Cinema, either using the texture method (just a bitmap in luminance) or using the backlight shader as shown here (and created in two minutes): 4048_backyardtrack.c4d.zip

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Brian JonesRe: glow inside lamp
by on Apr 29, 2012 at 5:11:52 am

I made a try at something like the ref image. It uses backlight and transparency for the lamps

4049_floatinglamp.zip

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Victor Camacho GuerreroRe: glow inside lamp
by on May 1, 2012 at 10:04:15 am

Hi Adam and Brian,

thanks a lot for your files, a really interesting set up. In the end , I went trhough after effects.

Maybe i will do some changes but please have a look here:

https://vimeo.com/41343167

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]