Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
MAXON CINEMA 4D:Cinema 4D ForumCinema 4D TutorialsCinema 4D TagAdobe After Effects Forum

Saving scattered particles (at frame 120) as a single object?

COW Forums : Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
Per Sverre Wold-HansenSaving scattered particles (at frame 120) as a single object?
by on Apr 11, 2012 at 5:00:09 pm

I've fed my (3D) goldfish w/particles ("small flakes" from a TP emitter) falling/spreading (dynamics) on the the top of the water in a goldfish bowl. The particles are at rest on the surface at frame 120.

To avoid the dynamic calculations on a number of varied shot-angles later and for different usage: I need the particles - in positions as animated/scattered to frame #120 - as a single, stationary object for later use: For placing that one on the water surface instead (also avoiding "vibrating" particles.)

I have a feeling the answer is basic, but after hrs of head-scratching --- > How?

(Similar usage: Making a stack of bricks as a single object after they have fallen randomly and dynamically to the ground.)

PerS

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Brian JonesRe: Saving scattered particles (at frame 120) as a single object?
by on Apr 11, 2012 at 9:56:32 pm

Bake the dynamics (Cache tab of the Dynamics Tag) and then run up to frame 120 and you can do a Current State to Object which will give you a new group of objects frozen at that point.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Per Sverre Wold-HansenRe: Saving scattered particles (at frame 120) as a single object?
by on Apr 16, 2012 at 11:34:40 pm

Thanks a million, Brian - Took me some time to figure, but that did the trick. Very useful. Still: Tried to make ONE object of all "Instances" and the two original objects inside/below the Emitter, but couldn't. But I did get what I wanted.

PerS

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]