Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
MAXON CINEMA 4D:Cinema 4D ForumCinema 4D TutorialsCinema 4D TagAdobe After Effects Forum

Creating a field of postcard images

COW Forums : Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
Kevin CaminCreating a field of postcard images
by on Feb 22, 2012 at 5:43:20 am

I am trying to figure out how to make a field of 100 flat, postcard images for a camera to fly through.

I'm considering a cloner object with 100 individual null children, each containing: a plane, external compositing tag and compositing tag. I would assign each of the 100 nulls a different buffer for After Effects, where I would add the images.

Is this the best way? There probably a less agonizing way to do this.

Best regards,

Kevin Camin

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

John MacenroyRe: Creating a field of postcard images
by on Feb 22, 2012 at 10:28:35 am

Hi Kevin,

if I was to do it I would first try to use the MoGraph Multi-Shader in Combination with a Random Effector on a Cloner object to achieve your goal.

First make a Cloner object to create your Post Cards, then connect a Random Effector to this cloner object and disable Position changes. Turn on Color Mode and set it to add. Then create a new material and select MoGraph->Multi-Shader in the drop down menu of Color. Click on it and for shader 1 choose the first picture of your library with the postcards. Then click on the picture and choose calculate. The Multi-Shader now loads all the pictures in the directory because he thinks it's a sequence. Now click the arrow up to get into the Multi-Shader properties again and hit "to layers" he will insert all the other pictures of the library and attach the material to your cloner object.

Hope this helps

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  
+1

Kevin CaminRe: Creating a field of postcard images
by on Feb 23, 2012 at 2:58:54 am

Thanks for the detailed tut, John, I really appreciate it.

I did get stuck though:

I created the Cloner Object, attached a Random Effector to it, and disabled Position Transform parameter.

I created a new material and selected MoGraph->Multi-Shader in the drop down menu of Color. I then clicked on it and loaded the first picture from the Finder into Shader 1.

I clicked on the picture. Here is where I had a problem. I could only find the Calculate button under the Animation tab so I clicked it there.

I then hit the up arrow and selected 'to layers'. I applied the material to my object within the Cloner. I enabled the Position parameter in the Random Effector.

The only image that appeared was the one that I selected from the finder and half the postcards are a blank, bright white.

Any additional guidance would be much appreciated. I'm using R11.

Best regards,

Kevin Camin

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Tim ShetzRe: Creating a field of postcard images
by on Feb 23, 2012 at 4:13:41 am

Not to talk you out of using Cinema, but is there a reason you don't just do it IN after effects?

Tim Shetz
c4dtraining.com

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Kevin CaminRe: Creating a field of postcard images
by on Feb 23, 2012 at 4:29:00 am

It'd like to get some glossy reflections on the postcards from the environment to add a little something extra. And I might play around with the Random Effector to have them collapse together at the end.

Best regards,

Kevin Camin

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]