Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
MAXON CINEMA 4D:Cinema 4D ForumCinema 4D TutorialsCinema 4D TagAdobe After Effects Forum

reflection issue

COW Forums : Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
Jason Stirretreflection issue
by on Apr 9, 2011 at 11:17:35 am

I have two questions:

One, I cant seem to see objects through windows I have created, They are at 90% transparency...?

Two, I have a building with glass windows that is reflecting another building I don't want it to reflect...how can I turn off the reflectivity of a specific item in a scene.

Thanks for any help!

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Adam TrachtenbergRe: reflection issue
by on Apr 9, 2011 at 3:55:39 pm

You should be able to see through something set to 90% transparency, unless you're looking through multiple transparent objects and your ray trans limit is set too low (render>options). It could also be a strong specular highlight or reflection preventing your from seeing through.

You can exclude reflection via the compositing tag. In this case you would put the tag on the building you want to exclude from reflection and drag the building with the reflective material into the tag's Exclusion>Object box. The small icons to the right of the object you drag in the box control what's excluded, e.g. transparency, reflection, refraction, heirarchy.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]