Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
MAXON CINEMA 4D:Cinema 4D ForumCinema 4D TutorialsCinema 4D TagAdobe After Effects Forum

several constrain tags in a row?

COW Forums : Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
Ronny Traufellerseveral constrain tags in a row?
by on Mar 7, 2011 at 12:53:57 am

hey

hard to discribe as usuall.

here is a picture:

3 rings, one smaller then the other, and in the center is a cube. the tricky thing is that the rings are only able to rotate on one axis(just where they are connected). i tried do do this by using consrain tags, it works. i want to rotate the cube and have the rings alingn by themself, by holding there axis fixed. but happens now is that just one ring is moveing, the next the the cube, it is not a chain of dependences at the moment.

i think i was setting aúp a wrong workflow with that kind of a constrain chain.

can any cow help me out here? :)

thanks,
Ronny!

traufeller.de

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Brian JonesRe: several constrain tags in a row?
by on Mar 7, 2011 at 5:37:40 am

if I understand the way you want the rings to follow the cube, this might be partially there. Is it like this where the inner/middle are connected, the middle and outside are connected?

1720_gimbeltest.c4d.zip

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Ronny TraufellerRe: several constrain tags in a row?
by on Mar 7, 2011 at 12:31:46 pm

it says unknown file format,
working on 11.5 here..

and about the understanding, without seeing the file, its like you disribed it, but having a look into your testfile would be superb.

in the end every ring stands for one axis, and all together are able to perform a full rotation in any direction. and i could animate it ring by ring, but i thought it would be timesaving having just one controller.

and also seeing how the tag is handling the rotation and getting a nice
animation asthetic maybe. :)

thanks,
Ronny!

traufeller.de

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

by on Mar 7, 2011 at 4:41:15 pm

it was a R12 file yes, I did it with xpresso and I don't know that it is what you are really after. I'll try the same thing in 10.5 and post it in a bit

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

by on Mar 7, 2011 at 5:16:00 pm

xpresso, I added some cylinders so I could see the connection points where the rings touch. There are other ways to do it.

1725_gimbel2.c4d.zip

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Ronny TraufellerRe: several constrain tags in a row?
by on Mar 7, 2011 at 5:26:38 pm

pretty much what i was lookin for!!

thanks you for wasting your time for me. :)

in the end i made an animation at the same time you post this file. so i uploaded it. i would love to see a way to get it done with this contrain tag, because i will use it often i think. so here is the animation, maybe anybody has done it before this way.

ring issue

but this time i stick to your file!

thanks,
Ronny!

traufeller.de

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy