Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
MAXON CINEMA 4D:Cinema 4D ForumCinema 4D TutorialsCinema 4D TagAdobe After Effects Forum

walk cycle - moonwalk

COW Forums : Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
Graham Quincewalk cycle - moonwalk
by on May 31, 2009 at 3:39:07 pm

I'm just beginning to learn how to animate a walk cycle and have jointed a figure and animated a single step in place. I've then set the keyframes to repeat from the timeline window and moved the figure forward. But I don't seem able to get the figure's step to match the speed of movement correctly and as a result he slides around.

Help!!

Graham

http://www.YouTube.com/ShiveringCactus - Free FX for amateur films

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Adam TrachtenbergRe: walk cycle - moonwalk
by on May 31, 2009 at 11:46:54 pm

The first step (no pun intended) is to make sure that you set linear keyframes for the feet that are on the ground. Then you have to figure out the distance of each stride (how far you move one foot back + how far you move the other foot forward) and move the master controller forward that distance for each step. So if each step takes 10 frames and the stride distance is 1000, go to frame 100 (10 frames * time 10 steps) and keyframe the master controller at 10,000 on the axis in which he's moving (1000 stride length * 10 strides). The master controller position keys also have to be linear.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]