Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
MAXON CINEMA 4D:Cinema 4D ForumCinema 4D TutorialsCinema 4D TagAdobe After Effects Forum

ocean mesh question

COW Forums : Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
Sven Doyleocean mesh question
by on Apr 14, 2009 at 3:49:34 pm

Hello,
I have an animated ocean scene using a deformed mesh. The camera needs to look to the horizon. My problem is that because of the deformation, the horizon is not flat - 'waves' are visible on the edge of the mesh making the horizon look bumpy, spoiling the illusion of distance. I need visible waves close to the camera but I need the mesh to flatten out gradually into the distance so the horizon is a clean line. Anyone any ideas how I can accomplish this?
Cheers,
Sven

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Brian JonesRe: ocean mesh question
by on Apr 14, 2009 at 3:58:33 pm

how is the mesh deformed?

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Sven DoyleRe: ocean mesh question
by on Apr 14, 2009 at 4:28:59 pm

I have two versions - one is a plane with a few wind deformers, and the other is using an Add-The-Sea tag. I have tried using a plane with fewer subdivisions towards the rear but this still doesn't give a true flat horizon.
Cheers,
Sven

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Adam TrachtenbergRe: ocean mesh question
by on Apr 14, 2009 at 5:48:10 pm

If you're using a deformer you can restrict it's influence with a restriction tag, which references a vertex tax on the mesh that's being deformed. Can't comment on ATS because I don't have it.

You could also use normal or subpolygon displacement to create the waves, in which case you could limit the effect by overlaying a gradient on top of the noise used to create them in a Fusion or Layer shader.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]