Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
MAXON CINEMA 4D:Cinema 4D ForumCinema 4D TutorialsCinema 4D TagAdobe After Effects Forum

XPresso help....multiple object axis?

COW Forums : Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
Michael TaylorXPresso help....multiple object axis?
by on Nov 12, 2008 at 7:28:25 pm

Hey I'm trying to create something using xpresso and I'm getting stuck. It comes down to 2 different parts:

Part 1:
Basically I have a group of objects that all need to rotate around a fixed point, a null object. I want to drive the rotation using xpresso. These objects aren't rotating around their own separate object axis, but rather the object axis of my null object. They need to move together like they were grouped...

Part 2: BECAUSE I can't just group them together, because some objects need to belong to multiple groups. The next part of my goal is to have another different object axis that the same objects could rotate around.

I'm thinking there is a way to do this in xpresso. Anybody have any idea on part 1 or part 2. Any help would be appreciated.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Brian JonesRe: XPresso help....multiple object axis?
by on Nov 12, 2008 at 7:37:06 pm

without knowing your setup it's tough to know if a solution exists in xpresso or otherwise but could you have a 'master null' that everything is under that can do your rotation then have other groupings under that or is it more complex yet?

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Michael TaylorRe: XPresso help....multiple object axis?
by on Nov 12, 2008 at 8:10:33 pm

I have different objects arranged in a cube, they are evenly spaced and need to rotate similar to a rubix cube. Each object belongs to multiple rows, so it may need to rotate around 2 different points, like how a rubix cube can turn in different directions around different points.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Brian JonesRe: XPresso help....multiple object axis?
by on Nov 12, 2008 at 9:16:02 pm

did a google search...

this is interesting since it just uses the grouping you get by selecting a number of objects and not any fancy setup, the only question then is how to quickly select the bits you want.

http://video.aol.com/video-detail/rubics-cube-cinema-4d/4047586788

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Michael TaylorRe: XPresso help....multiple object axis?
by on Nov 12, 2008 at 10:31:40 pm

That is the right idea... the parts need to be able to rotate around different points as a group, not individually.

step 1 is that I can't get multiple objects to rotate around my null object's axis in xpresso, which I can't seem to get.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Adam TrachtenbergRe: XPresso help....multiple object axis?
by on Nov 12, 2008 at 11:26:58 pm

I don't know if it's possible with Xpresso, but it's definitely doable with the Constraint Tag in Parent mode:

http://www.3danvil.com/tutorials/parent_constraint.c4d

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]