Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
MAXON CINEMA 4D:Cinema 4D ForumCinema 4D TutorialsCinema 4D TagAdobe After Effects Forum

Trouble with Hair

COW Forums : Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
Brian SmithTrouble with Hair
by on Jan 22, 2008 at 5:13:57 pm

Hey Guys!
It seems that I am yet again having a few seemingly minor issues with the Hair module, but I can't for the life of me figure it out.

Essentially, I have created a tree that grows on screen. For a nice little touch of detail, we decided that moss growing onto the tree would be cool. So I added hair to the trunk, and three branches that are on screen. When I do a render preview, it looks fantastic! Exactly what I wanted.

For some reason, when I go to do the actual render all the hair on the trunk disappears. The branches still look great. It appears that the hair is actually growing inside the tree and the thickest parts (the clumps) are barely peaking through the trunk. Any ideas? I realized I hadn't added a hair collider to the trunk, so I did that and it still didn't work. Is there a certain order I have to add colliders and hair materials? I'm just grabbing at straws at this point.

Please help! Thanks guys! If there is info you need from me to clarify, please let me know!

-BS

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Brian JonesRe: Trouble with Hair
by on Jan 22, 2008 at 11:08:41 pm

which way are the normals pointing, in to or out of the branches?

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Brian SmithRe: Trouble with Hair
by on Jan 23, 2008 at 1:31:26 am

I won't be able to look at it until late tonight. I know initially they were pointing out. However if I remember correctly, when they are highlighted now, I can't see the lines that show their orientation. If this is true, any suggestions?

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Brian SmithRe: Trouble with Hair
by on Jan 24, 2008 at 12:14:33 am

As it turns out, I believe the normals are pointed into the trunk. However, I did a render with the camera inside the trunk with a light, and still nothing. It didn't dawn on me until just now, but would you suggest maybe "flip normals"? Maybe? I don't know. Anything helps! Thanks again!

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Brian JonesRe: Trouble with Hair
by on Jan 24, 2008 at 1:01:23 am

Select all the polys, if the normals are some in and some out do an Functions/Align Normals - if they are all in do a Functions /Reverse Normals. If it still doesn't render remove the hair (all the bits) and apply again now that the normals are going the right way

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]