Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
APPLE XSAN:HomeXsan ForumSAN TutorialsSAN Forum

Lion Xsan RAIDS and Open Directory Server or Active Directory Domain

COW Forums : Apple Xsan

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
Andree FranksLion Xsan RAIDS and Open Directory Server or Active Directory Domain
by on Jul 26, 2011 at 7:32:50 pm

First here is the setup...

I will have a a Xserve 4 Macs with each a fiber card two Promise RAIDS and a fiber switch
Okay all 7 devices will be linked up over fiber a course... But my question lies in Lion and Xsan!
Do I have to bind the Xserve (which will be lion) to a Open Directory Server or Active Directory Domain to have Xsan to function? Cause the it guys don't want a another Open Directory Server or Active Directory Domain on the network do to there windows boxes.

Thank you.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Jeff HandyRe: Lion Xsan RAIDS and Open Directory Server or Active Directory Domain
by on Jul 26, 2011 at 8:44:29 pm

You don't have to, but it will simplify management of the XSAN volumes for permission inheritance. They'd better know what they are doing, though.

There is a good amount of documentation for this process. Here is a recent addition to the KB. http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4782

HandyGeek

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]