Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
3DS MAX:3ds Max Forum3ds Max Tutorials3ds Max

Linking the left biped hand bone to the right hand

COW Forums : Autodesk 3ds Max

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
Robb HansonLinking the left biped hand bone to the right hand
by on Mar 25, 2010 at 2:07:06 am

Hi,
I’m working on a game character in Max 8 - trying to set it up like an existing character we have. Can’t figure out the linking: there is a dummy rectangle as a “weapon bone” place holder for the rifle, it is linked to the right hand bone. (this is easily recreated) but the left hand and arm is somehow linked to the right hand, I can’t figure out how to do this. I drag the ‘create and link’ tool from the left hand to the right hand, but it doesn’t link (likely because it will mess up it’s child relationship to the forearm and arm)

I know the when the right hand is moved and animated, the dummy bone and left hand are supposed to follow along with it perfectly. I can’t get the left hand to follow the right in all it’s movements.

Anyone with some ideas would be greatly appreciated - somehow I know it’s something simple that I am missing.
Thanks in advance.
Robb

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Eric BlevinsRe: Linking the left biped hand bone to the right hand
by on Mar 25, 2010 at 2:52:29 pm

Did you try linking the hands to the object (dummy) and then animating the dummy?

I havn't used biped in awhile, but I think you can set objects up as props for each hand.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Robb HansonRe: Linking the left biped hand bone to the right hand
by on Mar 25, 2010 at 11:33:35 pm

Yes. The handbone won't link to the dummy. I know there is a way to do this, I've seen it done, just don't know how to get the left hand to link to the right, so that whatever one hand does, the other follows it. The bones have a hierarchy that is not allowed to be disturbed. Anyone with thoughts would be welcomed. Thanks

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]