Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
3DS MAX:3ds Max Forum3ds Max Tutorials3ds Max

PFTrack and 3ds Max Image Plane

COW Forums : Autodesk 3ds Max

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
Siobhan VanamanPFTrack and 3ds Max Image Plane
by on Jan 25, 2010 at 3:40:27 pm

I have brought in a MAX Script from PFTrack and was unable to get the image plane to link to the Tiff sequence I need to start animating. I've tried making a separate plane and adding the Tiff sequence as a material, but for some reason once the scrip has been evaluated I can no longer see the image. Do I need to parent the image plane to the camera? How would I do that? I've been at this all night and can't figure it out!

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Eric BlevinsRe: PFTrack and 3ds Max Image Plane
by on Jan 25, 2010 at 8:30:53 pm

Usually tracking software uses the image as a background. Hit ctrl B to open up the background dialog box. Make sure that the radial button to show image as background is checked. Also, make sure that the image sequence is mapped correctly.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Eric BlevinsRe: PFTrack and 3ds Max Image Plane
by on Feb 1, 2010 at 7:14:23 pm

my bad, it is alt 'b'

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Dave LoweRe: PFTrack and 3ds Max Image Plane
by on Feb 5, 2010 at 3:44:00 pm

You might want to watch this: http://www.videocopilot.net/tutorials/3d_crater_p2/

Explains the steps of setting up the background, a bit too quick but just keep pausing to catch up (at least I had to anyway).

Jack of all trades, master of none!

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]