Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
APPLE GARAGE BAND:HomeGarage Band ForumApple LogicMusic Forum

Podcasting problem...

COW Forums : Apple Garage Band

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
Peter BowermanPodcasting problem...
by on May 15, 2011 at 10:25:06 pm

I've just started using GB to record some podcasts. I'm doing an audio version of an ebook, finished one one-hour chunk with no problem. I'm finishing up the second (and final) hour-long chunk (a little longer), and all of a sudden, it's giving me problems.

What's happening is that suddenly, the recording is just stopping at this point (and about the 1:06 mark). I press record and start talking and then it just stops even though I haven't hit stop. And nothing can get it past that point. I drag the cursor back and start recording from an earlier spot and same thing happens. Once it hits that one spot, it stops.

And not only that, but the last piece that I recorded I can't record over. It's weird. I'll pull the cursor back to an earlier spot, hit record and start speaking, but when I hit this spot, the previously recorded piece starts playing, like I'm playing it, but I'm recording over it (or trying to record over it).

Weird...

Any thoughts?

PB

P.S. I'd also be interested in finding someone who I might tap from time to time for trouble-shooting stuff like this and would be willing to pay, so if there's interest there - let me now...

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Cody WaltersRe: Podcasting problem...
by on May 16, 2011 at 1:13:30 am

What version of Garageband are you using? Not being rude here, but you do have enough hard drive space right?

Cody Walters
JW Studio LLC
Houston Video Production
Houston Wedding Videos

Final Cut Studio 3
Adobe CS5 Master Suite
Panasonic HVX-200
Canon 7D

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Peter BowermanRe: Podcasting problem...
by on May 16, 2011 at 4:00:49 am

Thanks for the reply, Cody!

I'm running GB version: 3.0.5 - 104.10

And you're not being rude - good question to ask. But, I've got a 250 GB HD and only using about 40% of it.

Another friend said, in response to the question:

"Garage Band can only record one hour continuously at a time! If you can subdivide your work into chapters or sections, record them in separate files."

Is that your experience? And if that IS the case, why didn't it shut off at the one-hour mark? (as opposed to 1:06)...

Thanks again for your reply and look forward to hearing back.

PB

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

by on May 16, 2011 at 12:43:53 pm

Peter,

I've heard that older versions of Garageband have had limitations on how long you can record based on the amount of music measures. The most you can have was about 999. People have been able to get around this by adjusting the projects BPM and measures. I would try setting your BPM to something like 40 and see if that changes anything. Give that a shot and let me know if anything changes.

Cody Walters
JW Studio LLC
Houston Video Production
Houston Wedding Videos

Final Cut Studio 3
Adobe CS5 Master Suite
Panasonic HVX-200
Canon 7D

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

by on May 16, 2011 at 2:14:12 pm

Thanks Cody,

Appreciate the suggestion... AND I'm so new to GB that I have absolutely no idea how to do what you've suggested...;)

I've checked Preferences and can't seem to find a place to change that, and I've also done searches in Help and also come up empty...

What are the steps to "adjust the projects BPM"? Thanks much!

PB

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

by on May 22, 2011 at 1:50:43 pm

Peter,

Your BPM and time signature is located in the lcd box. Adjust it by clicking and choose a new number/selection.

Cody Walters
JW Studio LLC
Houston Video Production
Houston Wedding Videos

Final Cut Studio 3
Adobe CS5 Master Suite
Panasonic HVX-200
Canon 7D

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

by on May 23, 2011 at 2:11:20 pm

Thanks Cody!

I'll check it out. I appreciate your taking th time!

PB

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]