Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
APPLE MOTION:HomeMotion ForumMotion TutorialsTagFCP ForumFCP Tutorials

TouchOSC to Osculator to MIDI to Motion

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
Jim WaterwashTouchOSC to Osculator to MIDI to Motion
by on Apr 20, 2012 at 8:18:08 pm

Hi,

I'm using TouchOSC on an iPad to construct some custom controllers to change the rotation value of a layer within Motion. The values are getting translated to MIDI from OSC via Osculator. Motion is correctly identifying the MIDI message when in "learning" mode, but the value is not interpreted correctly. It's always either 0 or .5.

I realize part of my problem may be within Osculator, but I'm still confused as to how Motion translates MIDI values that are read in, into those suitable for a specific parameter. For example in my case, I want a centered slider to rotate a layer clockwise up to 30 degrees when it is moved to the right and -30 degrees when moved to the left. I don't see any way to massage these raw MIDI values into something meaningful. Basically I want 0.0 to equal -30 and 1.0 to equal 30. Am I missing something?

Thanks for any help.
Jim

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Jim WaterwashRe: TouchOSC to Osculator to MIDI to Motion
by on Apr 28, 2012 at 1:55:02 am

Just to be clear, Osculator and TouchOSC are working fine. Don't want to stop anyone from exploring this route..

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Mark SpencerRe: TouchOSC to Osculator to MIDI to Motion
by on May 24, 2012 at 6:19:31 pm

There's a Scale parameter that should allow you to adjust the sensitivity of the parameter to your input, and you can make it a negative value to invert it.

--
Mark Spencer
Freelance Producer/Editor/Motion Graphics Artist
Apple-certified Master Trainer
Author, Motion 4 from Peachpit Press
http://www.applemotion.net

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter