Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
APPLE MOTION:HomeMotion ForumMotion TutorialsTagFCP ForumFCP Tutorials

Cinema 4d > Motion problems

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
shane wiersmaCinema 4d > Motion problems
by on Jun 1, 2011 at 10:23:25 pm

I am having some issues with importing a Motion file created by Cinema 4d r12. I have used this work flow many time with AE but I am just getting into Motion so I hope I am overlooking something simple.

I can get the lights, camera and Nulls in and everything seems great except I have a slight jumping in the camera. The animation on the nulls seems solid but the camera is jerky.

I though it might be a playback issue but rendering out a file has the same result. I checked the camera path in the keyframe editor for some crazy frames or anything unusual but everything looks fine.

It is very noticeable on long slow camera moves.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,

-Shane

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Andy NeilRe: Cinema 4d > Motion problems
by on Jun 2, 2011 at 3:48:22 pm

Can you post your project sans media so we can take a look? What format are you working in? Does the frame rate of the C4D camera match the Motion project?

Andy

http://www.timesavertutorials.com

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

shane wiersmaRe: Cinema 4d > Motion problems
by on Jun 2, 2011 at 5:42:48 pm

Hi Andy, thanks for the help. I was working from an image sequence and yes the frame rates are the same in Cinema & Motion (24 fps). Here is a link to the Motion file with only some text to illustrate the problem.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/4742658/JumpyCam.motn.zip

-Shane

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

shane wiersmaRe: Cinema 4d > Motion problems
by on Jun 9, 2011 at 7:17:58 pm

Bump.

I ended up doing this project in AE but would love to know whats going on with Motion for future projects. Anyone else using Cinema 12 with Motion 4?

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Kurt HartmanRe: Cinema 4d > Motion problems
by on Jun 20, 2011 at 9:37:03 pm

I just encountered the same exact problem, slight camera wobble when using the c4d cam in Motion. Would love a solution as I'm trying to make a FCP template with camera animation from Motion (3d camera move on a logo that I'm making a drop area for our editors to swap in new logos).

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]