Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
APPLE MOTION:HomeMotion ForumMotion TutorialsTagFCP ForumFCP Tutorials

spherical replication?

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
Marcus Moorespherical replication?
by on Oct 22, 2010 at 2:37:14 pm

I'm working on a vid that's using a 3D space filled with a half dozen spherical replicators of video footage- so far so good.

There's a part of the video where I'd like to have all these images appear to be subtly rotating. By this I mean that instead of all the images facing the same way in 3D space- they've been projected from a central point at different angles. So that when I rotate the replicator it looks like like a giant globe made of all the little images. Is this possible using replicator or particles? Can it be done in AE?

M

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Andy NeilRe: spherical replication?
by on Oct 22, 2010 at 7:16:27 pm

"Is this possible using replicator or particles? Can it be done in AE?"

Yes it's possible with a replicator in Motion. It's probably also possible in AE though since AE doesn't have replicators, I'd hate to try.

In Motion create your replicator, change the shape to Sphere (you need the 3D button checked). Then fill as an outline and click the align angle button.

Tweaking your rows and columns should give you the look you want. Keep in mind that you'll need a LOT of images to cover the surface area of a sphere so this will likely slow down the processor quite a bit.

Andy

http://www.timesavertutorials.com

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Marcus MooreRe: spherical replication?
by on Oct 24, 2010 at 5:45:45 pm

Thanks very much Andy. I figured out how to do this in Trapcode Particular, but this is much easier. It was just the right combination of buttons needed. Excellent.

M

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]