Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
APPLE MOTION:HomeMotion ForumMotion TutorialsTagFCP ForumFCP Tutorials

Exporting Motion through compressor causes problems?

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
Conor SmithExporting Motion through compressor causes problems?
by on Dec 22, 2008 at 4:03:11 pm

Hello all, I am having a problem when I export my master time line through compressor. I have various Motion projects in my time line that look great but after it is exported some of the layers half disappear or are totally gone. Sometimes revealing the underlying video track. The only way I have found to get around this is to make all motion projects quicktime files and then export but this is a pain in the a hole... so... any ideas. I am running a 2.0GHz imac w/2gigs ram and a POS graphics card (ATI Radeon HD 2400 XT). Mac OS X 10.4.11

Please help me make this easier.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Ray CrownRe: Exporting Motion through compressor causes problems?
by on Dec 23, 2008 at 2:45:36 am

1.Re Setup your app is the easy way to fix that.
2.Update to the last version motion
3.if compressor goes wrong..maybe you have to re setup you mac os.
compressor is very important to system.

and good luck to you!

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

david bogieRe: Exporting Motion through compressor causes problems?
by on Dec 29, 2008 at 9:49:01 pm

[Conor Smith] "Hello all, I am having a problem when I export my master time line through compressor. I have various Motion projects in my time line that look great but after it is exported some of the layers half disappear or are totally gone. Sometimes revealing the underlying video track. The only way I have found to get around this is to make all motion projects quicktime files and then export but this is a pain in the a hole"

This implies a serious misunderstanding how things work in the FC Studio. Since you have posted in the Motion forum, I can safely infer you are trying to export the Motion timeline through Compressor and that would be improper. You should render first. Compressor really wants complete files.

Reading between the lines, you could also be implying that you are trying to export your FCP sequence via Compressor without having first rendered everything and that also would by improper. Or, at least, rather risky, as you have seen.

You do not need to make your Motion projects into QT files, you just need to render everything in your timeline BEFORE you try to process with Compressor. I hesitate to suggest exporting out of FCP using Reference because you do not seem to grasp those gotchas so export a self-contained movie from your timeline and bring that into Compressor. Do not try to Export Using Compressor. Save learning how to do that for another project.

bogiesan

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Conor SmithRe: Exporting Motion through compressor causes problems?
by on Dec 29, 2008 at 10:30:19 pm

Hello Bogiesan,

I'm not trying to export from motion through compressor, I'll try to better explain my workflow, I am taking a video clip from FCP and sending it to motion, creating a fairly complex graphic sequence which automatically updates my FCP timeline. This is rendered along with my scene timeline. That scene is then rendered again in the master timeline. So now it's time to export, yes? Set to DVD best quality 90 min. Everything is great except when it gets to the graphic sequence. It is some of the layers were removed. I have run into bad artifacting when I use to many layers with this computer as well, I have started to nest things and it is helping but... it's a pain in the ass none the less.

When I take my work home and render/export on my Mac Pro I never have this problem, so I guess my question is, could some of my settings be messed up on the company computer?

I am tempted to bring my machine into work but I won't get extra pay for it so it's not worth it.

Also I'm sure your trying to help but your tone seems very condescending. I may just be reading into it (heh heh, I never was very funny) But thanks for your help.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]