Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
BUSINESS AND MARKETING:Business and Marketing ForumBusiness and Marketing ArticlesBusiness and Marketing Podcasts

Congratulate us! Very exciting news here...

COW Forums : Business & Marketing

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
Todd TerryCongratulate us! Very exciting news here...
by on Nov 14, 2012 at 4:03:27 pm

I just received a very exciting email. This has happened several times before, but each new time is just as thrilling as the last...

Our company, Fantastic Plastic Entertainment, has just received the "Best in Business" honor from the "2012 Best of Salt Lake City Awards" in the "Plastic Processing" category by the esteemed Salt Lake City Award Program committee.

Never mind that we have nothing to do with plastic processing whatsoever.

Never mind that we are not in Salt Lake City, have never been there, nor as far as I can recall have even ever set foot in Utah. We are 1,700 miles from there. I looked it up.

Why do these bogus "best of" and "Who's who" things even exist anymore? Does anyone EVER buy their plastic trophies or fake winners' books? I mean, I know people are narcissistic and some people will buy anything... but really. I give more weight to an 8th grade science fair "Participant" ribbon than any of this junk.

Or maybe people aren't as smart as I give them credit for (and I don't give too much credit).

T2

fantasticplastic.com

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Greg BallRe: Congratulate us! Very exciting news here...
by on Nov 14, 2012 at 4:33:18 pm

Congrats Todd. Do you manufacture and sell Plastic Cups for video production crews?

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Todd TerryRe: Congratulate us! Very exciting news here...
by on Nov 14, 2012 at 4:48:13 pm

Not yet Greg.

The closest thing to any manufacturing or retail inquiries we get are the occasional "What kind of adult novelties do you sell?" calls.

When we explained that we don't sell any, one caller was very insistant in the opinion that we should start.

I guess I'll put a display case in the lobby.... haa.

T2

fantasticplastic.com

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Nick GriffinRe: Congratulate us! Very exciting news here...
by on Nov 14, 2012 at 7:10:09 pm

Now I understand why you've listed your 35mm film camera for sale. Had to pay for that display case, right?

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Mark SuszkoRe: Congratulate us! Very exciting news here...
by on Nov 14, 2012 at 7:54:42 pm

It's a MAJOR award!

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Todd TerryRe: Congratulate us! Very exciting news here...
by on Nov 14, 2012 at 7:57:52 pm

[Nick Griffin] "Had to pay for that display case, right?"

Well Nick, those vibrators are not going to sell themselves unless the people can see them.

T2

fantasticplastic.com

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Rich RubaschRe: Congratulate us! Very exciting news here...
by on Nov 14, 2012 at 9:55:54 pm

We too recently received the "Best of Madison NY" award. But we are in Wisconsin.

I didn't return an email.

Rich Rubasch
Tilt Media Inc.
Video Production, Post, Studio Sound Stage
Founder/President/Editor/Designer/Animator
http://www.tiltmedia.com

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Bill DavisRe: Congratulate us! Very exciting news here...
by on Nov 15, 2012 at 5:25:14 am

I know there are plenty of fine awards of great merit that pros are justly proud to display. But with so many "vanity" awards in the same space - I just shake my head when I go to shops who have cases full of the "awards" we all know about (where you pay your $125 bucks for a piece of shiny mahogany and gold washed pot metal worth maybe $35 bucks.)

If that was my business model, I'm TOTALLY SURE I'd keep my standards as high as possible so that there wouldn't be "too many" folks providing me with profitable sales.

Know someone who teaches video editing in elementary school, high school or college? Tell them to check out http://www.StartEditingNow.com - video editing curriculum complete with licensed practice content.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Michael HendrixRe: Congratulate us! Very exciting news here...
by on Nov 16, 2012 at 12:44:55 pm

You should roll with it! Use it as part of your marketing. Call the company that does the awards and get a quote.

Have a small event, invite some clients, in recognition of your achievements in the plastic industry.

You could have fun with it.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Stephen SmithRe: Congratulate us! Very exciting news here...
by on Dec 11, 2012 at 9:20:22 pm

First off, congratulations on your major award :-)

I think it would be funny to purchase it and display it. We have a trophy case and as a joke one of our vendors put a rodeo trophy they got at a thrift shop in our case. One day a client asked me what the rodeo trophy was for. I of course had no idea what they where talking about. So we walked over the the trophy case and there it was front and center. We both had a good laugh.

Stephen Smith
Utah Video Productions

Check out my Motion Training DVD

Check out my Vimeo page

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]