Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
BUSINESS AND MARKETING:Business and Marketing ForumBusiness and Marketing ArticlesBusiness and Marketing Podcasts

The Ultimate Video Production Company Promo Video

COW Forums : Business & Marketing

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
Randy WheelerThe Ultimate Video Production Company Promo Video
by on Mar 14, 2008 at 6:28:29 pm

The Ultimate Video Production Company Promo Video:

They are so good at what they do that you have to pay $1 via PayPal to access their website.

http://www.fredandsharonsmovies.com/

Randy

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Nick GriffinRe: The Ultimate Video Production Company Promo Video
by on Mar 14, 2008 at 8:10:00 pm

That's it. I give up. No reason to stay in the business when this is the competition. The timing, the animation, the green screen and the acting -- especially the acting. These guys truly do establish a new "state-of-the-art." Might as well give up now.

(And no, I'm not going to pay $1 to see anymore than the YouTube freebie.)

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Todd TerryRe: The Ultimate Video Production Company Promo Video
by on Mar 14, 2008 at 8:25:24 pm

No no, completely wrong attitude, Nick.

I for one plan to use Sharon and Fred to my full advantage. We are already planning to sub out all of our production work to them.

I'll simply be phoning in all our client orders to them from the beach.

I's a win win WIN.

T2

fantasticplastic.com

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

walter biscardiRe: The Ultimate Video Production Company Promo Video
by on Mar 14, 2008 at 8:35:36 pm

Please tell me this is a joke? Some college kid that shot his/her parents as a joke project?

Walter Biscardi, Jr.
Biscardi Creative Media
HD and SD Production for Broadcast and Independent Productions.

STOP STARING AND START GRADING WITH APPLE COLOR Apple Color Training DVD available now!
Read my Blog!
View Walter Biscardi's profile on LinkedIn

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Timothy J. AllenRe: The Ultimate Video Production Company Promo Video
by on Mar 14, 2008 at 8:49:59 pm

I love the background audio! Do you know how much money it would take to recreate that realistic ambient sound?

... and the jump cuts just give it that "edge" that appeals to young folks today.

It's got 'Gen Y' written all over it!

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Randy WheelerRe: The Ultimate Video Production Company Promo Video
by on Mar 14, 2008 at 9:35:40 pm

It was shot using the new Blue 12K camera which will be announced at NAB this year in the big Blue fish bowl where AVID was supposed to have their booth.

The 12K DI was done using latest version of Flake which features a 12:12:12 supersample rate for ultra clean chromakeys.

In fact, the keys are so clean that they go into a parallel universe and come back organically rough which is predicted to be the latest "thing to do" in motion picture VFX studios across the country and will certainly be used in national TV spots.

Randy

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Ron LindeboomRe: The Ultimate Video Production Company Promo Video
by on Mar 14, 2008 at 9:35:41 pm

Me, I am amazed by the direct homespun appeal that they bring to their projects. How can anyone fail to identify with them? By a truly insightful use of establishing shots, a great soundtrack, real character development, and FX that "melt" into the story without drawing too much attention to themselves -- they clearly have studied their audience and know that they are creating a true one-to-one connection with it. Brilliant stuff.

Like Nick, it makes me fearful and gives a whole new meaning to that old Hollywood axiom that "you'll never work in this town again."

In fact, I am sure that none of us will ever work again and we are all out of business. Fortunately, we have a classifieds section here at the COW to help us all sell our equipment.

As Yoda would say: "Doomed now, we are."

Best regards,

Ron Lindeboom
http://www.linkedin.com/in/ronlindeboom
Publisher, Creative COW Magazine
Join the COW's LinkedIn Group

Now in the COW Magazine: Commercials. A look at the history, strategy, techniques and production workflows of successful commercials. All brought to you by some of the COW's brightest members. Accept no substitutes!

Would you like to be in Creative COW Magazine with your story or contributi...

Do you have your complimentary subscription to Creative COW Magazine yet?

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Mark SuszkoRe: The Ultimate Video Production Company Promo Video
by on Mar 14, 2008 at 9:55:55 pm

That's just some incredibly "meta" low-key deadpan comedy. There is no way in hell that's a serious video or site. It has to be deliberately made that crude as an exercise in humor.

The whole time I was flashing back to old SCTV episodes with commercials for Tex and Edna Boil's Antique Furniture Emporium, ""where you always geta free budgie with every purchase of a couch, and Ed will play the Wurlitzer organ for you" "That's Right, Edna!")

Those parody spots are based on real, bad locally-produced cable commercials. The small towns near me have one for a mom-and-pop furniture store that's about as bad.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Steve KownackiRe: The Ultimate Video Production Company Promo Video
by on Mar 14, 2008 at 10:15:45 pm

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK!!!!!!!!!!!

That monster!! I jumped out of my chair and dropped the laptop!

ILM must be shaking in their boots.

Steve

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Zane BarkerRe: The Ultimate Video Production Company Promo Video
by on Mar 15, 2008 at 12:37:28 am

For those who don't keep up on the US - Canada Exchange rate and don't want to spend hours calculating how much that $1 Canadian Dollar is really going to cost you, you can just go to there youTube account page here to see more amazing videos.

http://www.youtube.com/profile_videos?user=FredSpencerpu

Don't let technology get in the way of your creativity!

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

George SockaRe: The Ultimate Video Production Company Promo Video
by on Mar 15, 2008 at 12:51:14 am

If I could get 400,000 youtube views I would die a happy man.

George Socka
BeachDigital
http://www.beachdigital.com

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Rennie KlymykRe: The Ultimate Video Production Company Promo Video
by on Mar 17, 2008 at 8:59:57 am

Equally entertaining are some of the comments and critiques posted to this video on youtube. I took the time to copy+paste a few:

How can you only charge $1 for all this Ferd? The movie theater charges $10 and doesn't even come close to the entertainment you provide.

This movie almost gave me a heart attack. Too exciting.

Was this an audition video for a role in "Dawn of the dead"?

Wow i havent laughed til i cried in a long time..this is classic and i want to go to the website but NOT if u have to pay for it..they are nuts...they really are Napolean Dynamite parents

Is this what Canada is like? No wonder the US is hesitant about letting people get drugs for free.

This is totally unreal!! I love it!

I've watched this about 20 times now, and it never gets old.

My favourite bit is the line just under the video box that says "Watch this video in higher quality."

So this is why the film industry is moving up to canada,....... =)

O that sharon!

They sounded Canadian to me. Also I suspect this might be some type of fake viral marketing thing - extremely funny nevertheless.

Fred & Sharon know something we don't: 366,856 views and growing. This is marketing genuise.

At first I suspected that this was set-up for some Canadian TV comedy show. Then it dawned on me that this could be for real. Oh dear!

"everything is broken" ......Bob Dylan

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Brendan CootsRe: The Ultimate Video Production Company Promo Video
by on Mar 16, 2008 at 9:41:07 pm

I guess now would be a good time to list my Video Toaster, Amiga 2000, 4GB Hard drive and VHS decks. Purchased for $5,600, my loss your gain at $3,500...

Brendan Coots

Splitvision Digital

http://www.splitvisiondigital.com

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Tim TschudinRe: The Ultimate Video Production Company Promo Video
by on Mar 18, 2008 at 3:55:28 pm

What are you guys talking about...they did a great job.
I wouldn't change a thing. In fact that's what most of our video production looks like here in the mid-west! Seriously, I think it rocks!!!! WOW, there's hope for me yet!

Tim
Fence Post Creative

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Bruce BennettI do swear...
by on Mar 15, 2008 at 5:11:02 am

I, Bruce R. Bennett, under no duress whatsoever, solemnly swear, that I on this date of March 15. 2008 at 12:07 AM, have never witnessed anything so bizarre in my professional career. Furthermoe, I promise to God my savior, that I will never produce, write or create, in any way whatsoever, any magnetic, film or the like, such a project.

Bruce Bennett
Bennett Marketing & Media Production, LLC

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Tommy DangRe: I do swear...
by on Mar 15, 2008 at 4:56:41 pm

*hides Delorean in barn and wanders into town. Looks at video, picks up newspaper. Date reads "November 5, 1985". Goes to find Doc Brown to get back to the future"*

Tommy D'Angelo
Editor
Punk Rock Kid
NYC by way of Westchester

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Don GreeningRe: I do swear...
by on Mar 17, 2008 at 3:43:19 am

I did a little research, trying to find out if this company is for real, and also because the lake scenery at the end of the video looked very familiar. I believe the lake is Okanagan Lake which is situated in the British Columbia, Canada interior and about 160 miles away (by aircraft) from myself here on the BC coast. The animated creature that appears out of the lake at the end of the so-called "video" is called "Ogopogo" and sort of similar in legend to the Loch Ness Monster. The creature is thought to live in Lake Okanagan. My late father actually wrote a published story about Ogopogo many years ago. I grew up living by this lake.

Anyway, the two phone numbers in the video are not a published listing, as far as the local telephone company is saying, although the 250 area code is indeed for parts of British Columbia. Fred and Sharon may or may not be legit but they do live somewhere in the Okanagan Valley.

On behalf of all Canadians I sincerely apologize for any discomfort or nightmares this "video" may have caused the rest of the world.

- Don

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Mike CohenRe: I do swear...
by on Mar 17, 2008 at 12:36:49 pm

the website they promote is just one of those fake web pages with lots of unrelated links. I'm sure it is getting a lot of hits.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Steve WargoThe followup video
by on Mar 18, 2008 at 8:11:16 am

Did anyone see the followup video where the same guy says "I sure could use a hug"? And he spelled his own name wrong. It's "Ferd" instead of "Fred".

Wait. maybe it's supposed to be Ferd.

550,000 hits

Steve Wargo
Tempe, Arizona
It's a dry heat!

Sony HDCAM F-900 & HDW-2000/1 deck
5 Final Cut (not quite PRO) systems
Sony HVR-M25 HDV deck
2-Sony EX-1 HD .

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Jeremy DoyleRe: The followup video
by on Mar 18, 2008 at 2:45:27 pm

"550,000 hits"

1% of the viewers decide to pony up the dollar, that's 5,500 dollars, now if 10% decide to pony up the dollar you're at 55,000. A dollar is not a lot of money and if you find this stuff funny...

Genius or travesty that I didn't think of this first...

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Rennie KlymykRe: The followup video
by on Mar 18, 2008 at 5:04:33 pm

[Jeremy Doyle] "1% of the viewers decide to pony up the dollar, that's 5,500 dollars, now if 10% decide to pony up the dollar you're at 55,000."

Someone posted on youtube that his monthly web server hosting bill could be abs high as $1000.00 per month with all those hits and that is probably why he added the $1.00 fee. Even still it is looking pretty good for them.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Rennie KlymykRe: The followup video
by on Mar 18, 2008 at 4:59:57 pm

Yea, I assumed his name has to be Ferdenan/Ferdinand. And, I figure Sharon calls him Ferdie and he shortens it to Ferd. (oh those canadians,)

Anyone this slow can't be making typos can they? :‹)

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]