Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
ADOBE AUDITION, SOUNDBOOTH:ForumTutorialsTagAuditionSoundbooth

how to make a solid voice and remove the echo and focus on the voice

COW Forums : Adobe Audition, Soundbooth

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
Robby Respiciohow to make a solid voice and remove the echo and focus on the voice
by on Mar 12, 2012 at 3:43:38 pm

please tell me the right mix guys

ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Angelo LorenzoRe: how to make a solid voice and remove the echo and focus on the voice
by on Mar 17, 2012 at 3:44:25 am

Short answer is is no.

Long answer is that reverb is a temporal (time-based) as well as frequency altering affect. Depending on how "wet" the signal is, you could try a well adjusted noise gate or reduce the "feeling" of reverb by boosting the vocal presence frequencies at around 3kHz and 5kHz.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Angelo LorenzoRe: how to make a solid voice and remove the echo and focus on the voice
by on Mar 17, 2012 at 3:47:21 am

Actually, interesting trick using phase switch (Audition has this in Multitrack if I recall) and compression from http://www.dvxuser.com/V6/archive/index.php/t-28809.html

Depending on the type and severity of reverb, this may be another trick to try.

"It IS possible to reduce echo in a recording. This is a very old trick and I'm amazed that no one here knew it could be done.
It does take patience but here's how it's done.
Make two copies of the track, placed exactly one above the other. Now invert one. The mixed result should be nothing if you've got it right so far.
Now start applying compression to only one of the tracks. You'll need to carefully adjust all the compression parameter so be very patient, pay attention to the threshold, you seem to need to get that just above the level of the echo. Adjustments to attack and decay times will have an impact as will compression ratio.
This trick was used even using two R2R decks, that would have been really tedious!
How does it work?
Well because the echo is at a lower level than what you want and as it's below the compression threshold the echo on both tracks in unaffected by the compression and hence continues to be cancelled. The compression does however affect what you wish to keep, as the compressor changes the wanted signal on one track it ceases to be cancelled out and bingo.
This works best of course if the wanted signal has some dynamic separation from the echo and I sure wouldn't recommend it on music but for dialogue I've obtained dramatic improvements."

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  
+1

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]