Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
ADOBE AUDITION, SOUNDBOOTH:ForumTutorialsTagAuditionSoundbooth

SoundBooth CS4 - MultiTrack ?

COW Forums : Adobe Audition, Soundbooth

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
Jim HinesSoundBooth CS4 - MultiTrack ?
by on Jun 29, 2009 at 12:06:59 am

Hello,

Is it possible to listen to one track through your headphones while simultaneously recording another track? If so, how?

I'm not using a mixer. Just a USB mic pluged into the sound card. I'm on a PC.

Thank you,

jim

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

cowcowcowcowcow
Larry S. Evans IIRe: SoundBooth CS4 - MultiTrack ?
by on Jul 15, 2009 at 3:23:28 pm

Jim:

I couldn't find a way to do this with Soundbooth. I know with Audition you can mark one or more tracks to record as others playback, but Soundbooth seems to have separated the recording function from the multi-track system.

You might want to look at a demo of Audition 3. I have the Master suite and still bought Audition separately to handle my sound work, because I just don't feel Soundbooth (at least in CS3 and CS4) is up to doing much more than your basic wedding video type of work.

You might also consider that a fairly good multitrack mixer board can be had for around $100 (less depending on the number of inputs) and these give the option of doing what you are talking about -playing a track out plus recording in to a final mix.

Of course, if you are looking to keep the tracks separate for later editing mixing and you just need to hear the audio track for a baseline then Audition is going to be the only solution that I know will keep it separate.

Larry S. Evans II

Executive Producer

Digital I Productions

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  
+1

Jim HinesRe: SoundBooth CS4 - MultiTrack ?
by on Jul 16, 2009 at 2:02:31 am

Thanks Larry,

I appreciate your response.

Can't believe they left that elemental feature off. Oh well.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]