Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
ADOBE AUDITION, SOUNDBOOTH:ForumTutorialsTagAuditionSoundbooth

Taking out Buzz from Audio file

COW Forums : Adobe Audition, Soundbooth

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
Naiche LujanTaking out Buzz from Audio file
by on Jul 13, 2007 at 4:33:10 pm

I would be surprised if this problem hasn't already been addressed in this forum, but I recorded a phone conversation and I am trying to take the buzz out that came through on the recording. It is not static but an electronic-type buzz.
I was recording from a non-professional analog-to-digital phone recording device straight into the mic input of my laptop, no ISDN line, just a regular phone line.
Anyway, I have tried to use the built-in Noise reduction features of Audition, however, I may not be using it correctly. I am not sure what all of the settings do, but I have played with all of them unsuccessfully. I do know how to capture a noise profile, though.
Basically, if I go to far, the voices begin to sound like they are being routed through a reverb pedal in a large warehouse with echo, and if I don't take the reduction high enough, the buzz doesn't disappear.
Any tips?
I haven't played with chopping off any highs or lows yet, because the buzz sounds kind of mid-range.
Any suggestions?

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

willie tothRe: Taking out Buzz from Audio file
by on Jul 14, 2007 at 3:21:55 am

When you capture the noise do you highlight just the noise then capture? If you did do it this way try taking small amounts out ... Remember if the noise lands within the frequency of the voice you can only take so much before you start getting the reverb sound you described ... Try working in spectral mode also it might be easier to see where the noise is ... If you like you can E-mail me a minute or so and I will see if I can head you in the right direction ... E-mail to loganonestudio@aol.com ........... WILLIE

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

seecownowRe: Taking out Buzz from Audio file
by on Jul 25, 2007 at 6:31:51 pm

I'm having the same problem except it is industrial AC noise that I'm trying to remove from the track. I've tried the Noise Reduction function in Spectral Mode with similar results ... the more I try to remove the noise from the voice range, the tinnier the voice sounds. The Graphic Equilizer didn't seem to make much difference. Would appreciate any suggestions.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

willie tothRe: Taking out Buzz from Audio file
by on Jul 25, 2007 at 11:39:40 pm

Are you captruing, JUST THE NOISE first? Highlight an area that has only noise and then hit OK, now reopen the noise reduction window making sure your whole clip is hightlighted ... In PREVIEW mode, try taking about 60% or smaller out depending upon what it does to the vocal track ... Worst case E-mail me a minute or so sample and I will see what is up ... E-mail to loganonestudio@aol.com ......... WILLIE

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]