Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
ADOBE AUDITION, SOUNDBOOTH:ForumTutorialsTagAuditionSoundbooth

Importing Audio from AVID

COW Forums : Adobe Audition, Soundbooth

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
dannygreerImporting Audio from AVID
by on Oct 11, 2006 at 10:26:56 pm

I am hoping someone can clear this up for me. I'm trying to input a video project from AVID to Audition so that I can master the audio. I would like to be able to open up the project in Audition, keeping the tracks seperated and in line with the video track. I have been told there is not an easy way to do this and that you need to input the video track and then each audio track individually, however I'm convinced they made things more user friendly. Is there a certain file type I can export from AVID and open up in Audition? Does anyone have any tips!? Much thanks!!

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

willie tothRe: Importing Audio from AVID
by on Oct 12, 2006 at 2:25:51 am

It needs to be an AVI file to work in Audition ...

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

dannygreerRe: Importing Audio from AVID
by on Oct 12, 2006 at 1:28:30 pm

I understand the video needs to be in AVI file, but what I am struggling with is this:

Is there sometime of file that I can export out of AVID that is comprised of all audio tracks (seperated out) as well as a video track. I was told the only way to do it was export video from AVID then export each track seperately and then go into Audition and input Video and all audio tracks. Seems like there's got to be an easier way (maybe some kind of universal project file?)

Thanks!

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

willie tothRe: Importing Audio from AVID
by on Oct 12, 2006 at 2:27:11 pm

Sorry misread what you were asking ... OK, I have never used Advid so I am not familure with how it exports ... If this helps here is what I do with Pre Pro ... When I edit a sequence I export just the audio and then import it into Audition ... I then tweak it, (remove noise, eq, hard limit and normalize) I do a mixdown save the file, I then import it back into Pre Pro and replace the original audio with the edited audio ... I have found it's much easier to do a sequence at a time then attempting to so the whole movie ... I hope this helps ........ WILLIE

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

drumrobRe: Importing Audio from AVID
by on Oct 12, 2006 at 4:49:38 pm

I do use Avids all the time. There is no way to export all the audio tracks and maintain them as separate tracks. That is, if you have say 4 tracks of audio in the Avid, you cannot export all 4 synced together (unless you mix them down into stereo first, which defeats your whole purpose). You would have to export each track separately as WAV files. Then import them and line them up in Audition. Of course they should line up perfectly if you export the entire files from Avid. So whoever told you how to do it originally was right. There is no magic easy way.

Have fun!

Rob

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

MarcMichaelRe: Importing Audio from AVID
by on Nov 1, 2006 at 2:30:45 am

Actually you can export an OMF file and keep all those things intact but Audition will not read OMF files (the last time I checked). Not sure if Adobe ever plans to integrate OMF or AAF, or if they want to discourage the use of other video editors with their audio software.

Anyone know if Soundbooth will import OMF or AAF?

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]