Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
HDV FORMAT:HDV Format ForumTutorialsApple FCP ForumAdobe Premiere Pro ForumSony Vegas Forum

HDV import and compression questions

COW Forums : HDV Format

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
Eric WeissmanHDV import and compression questions
by on Jun 2, 2011 at 1:25:00 pm

Greetings. I have a few questions about importing my HDV footage from my Xh1As into FCP 7, and then producing a powerful clean qtime to share with colleagues and to upload.

first question is , shooting in 24f, and the with the FCP presets set to accommodate this, there is no device control
second, it has been suggested to me to import the hdv601 or 24f footage i shoot into fcp timeline set at Prores 422 Lt or HQ to increase the bit rate, but the import conversion doesnt seem to work
third, and maybe this is because i am new to hdv, when i do import the footage in 24f for example, and then i want to watch a test movie in QT, i convert it with no compression and i get data rate s of over 1500mbps which jam up the system playback...

so ideally what I am looking for is some wisdom from anyone about how to properly import the 24 f footage into FCP 7 in both the native hdv format

and
how to do it so it auto converts into Pro res( which one ? hq or lt i don't know)

also what the ideal settings would be to produce a high quality qtime that can be shared ( carried on external drives) and a smaller high quality version that can be shared as a data file on dvds

I usually let dvd studio do the down converting and so on when burning a viewable dvd's, but my delivery issues are about how to share high quality q-times that dont jam up the computer?

i am doing a field study that needs to be uploaded to the web, burned to a dvd for viewing on tv's and projectors in an academic institution and also needs to be formatted by potential use by broadcasters...

any advice is greatly appreciated

Eric

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Eric StrandRe: HDV import and compression questions
by on Jun 2, 2011 at 6:32:27 pm

Check out this article. Also, you do not need to use HQ, that is way beyond what you need; LT or regular ProRes is fine.

http://www.kenstone.net/fcp_homepage/capture_hdv_prores_fw_balis.html

You should also read the Apple documentation on it.

http://documentation.apple.com/en/finalcutpro/professionalformatsandworkflo...

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Eric WeissmanRe: HDV import and compression questions
by on Jun 2, 2011 at 10:17:30 pm

many thanks...

really really helpful

thanks

Eric

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook