Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
HDV FORMAT:HDV Format ForumTutorialsApple FCP ForumAdobe Premiere Pro ForumSony Vegas Forum

Issue with Z7 - the card reader forces the cover over the Firewire 400 port...

COW Forums : HDV Format

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
Alfred WilbergIssue with Z7 - the card reader forces the cover over the Firewire 400 port...
by on Feb 25, 2011 at 8:42:37 am

Issue with Z7 - the card reader forces the cover over the Firewire 400 port...

Is it safe for me to remove the firewire cover completely and use the port.

I want to capture direct to my laptop via firewire and use the card as a backup, is this possible?

I think you'll have to have a Z7 to hand to understand what I mean.

Thanks

Alex

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Jayasri HartRe: Issue with Z7 - the card reader forces the cover over the Firewire 400 port...
by on Mar 1, 2011 at 8:49:59 pm

Since you haven't received a response yet, I'll give it a shot. Sony is usually very careful about things like what you describe. If you don't have easy access, it's usually not a good idea to force it. I have a Z7 and know exactly what you're talking about.

How about backing up from tape to card and then dragging and dropping the folder from your card to the computer via the i.Link cradle?

Jayasri Hart
Los Angeles, USA
htp://home.earthlink.net/~hartfilms

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Alfred WilbergRe: Issue with Z7 - the card reader forces the cover over the Firewire 400 port...
by on Mar 3, 2011 at 12:06:29 am

Yeah this is possible but so much better to avoid tapes for me! Thanks for your response though.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]