Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
HDV FORMAT:HDV Format ForumTutorialsApple FCP ForumAdobe Premiere Pro ForumSony Vegas Forum

MTS files - how to convert?

COW Forums : HDV Format

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
Tom WestgateMTS files - how to convert?
by on Jun 2, 2008 at 4:41:15 pm

I have dozens of MTS files that I'd like to use. Of course, After Effects nor Premiere will read them. And after investigating, it seems the only conversion tool I can find is Elecard Converter Studio. But this seems to be a time consuming, multi-step process.

Elecard will convert, but I think the only usable format to retain HD is an MP4 file. Which, while readable in Adobe products, isn't easily editable. I would then have to take the MP4 file and convert it to Quicktime using AE.

So, as far as I can determine, I would have to:

Elecard: convert MTS to MP4
After Effects: convert MP4 to MOV
Premiere: edit footage

This seems like A LOT of work. I have over 100 individual MTS files that need converting.

Has anyone discovered a quicker and easier way to convert MTS files into an easily editable format?

-- TL

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Douglas Spotted EagleRe: MTS files - how to convert?
by on Jun 2, 2008 at 8:44:31 pm

VASST/New BlueFX recently released AVCHD UpShift, which converts files that AE and Premiere Pro will see very nicely. You can select various qualities/bitrates.
$49.00

Douglas Spotted Eagle
VASST

Certified Sony Vegas Trainer
Aerial Camera/Instructor

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Tom WestgateRe: MTS files - how to convert?
by on Jun 2, 2008 at 9:25:00 pm

Thanks for that. I managed to find the New Blue web site, but the UpShift page is blank:

http://www.newbluefx.com/newblue-tools.html

Anything else?

-- TL

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Allison PlantRe: MTS files - how to convert?
by on Jun 26, 2008 at 5:00:37 am

The correct URL for AVCDH UpShift on the NewBlueFX site is http://www.newbluefx.com/avchd-upshift.html.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Ryan AmbroseRe: MTS files - how to convert?
by on Mar 27, 2009 at 7:09:48 pm

I'm a new user with HD video camera and desktop editing software.

I have the Canon Vixia HF-11 which captures to AVCHD - this file format is all new to me.

Most importantly I'm on a PC

I want to be using Sony Vegas as I've heard its easier than Premier and not the longest learning curve.

I need to try to get a better understanding of a workflow that works for me.

The end product for me is Web Video, specifally Flash Video - so end game with fileName.flv - I would like to try to keep as high Definition as possible. So H.264

Currenlty, I'm using the packaged softare with the Canon Vixia HF-11 software called Image Mixer SE vresion 3 which reads the .MTS format that the AVCHD writes too (is this making sense cause its all new to me :)
Next step > Trying to get it into an editable format - I have two avenues here (1) Get it into .mov / .avi and take it to my video editor and have him do it.. this is what I'm trying to do this wknd for a project due Monday and (2) Ultimately take it into Vegas myself and edit it.

I think I need to better understand the fps and fileSize issues going from 'HD captured file format' 1920 x 1080 - but then I need to convert that into ? and then there is 24P 30P or 60i formats ... you can see where I'm getting lost.

I can't seem to find any good training on this..so I'd be interested in finding someone who I can hire for a skype session to mentor / educate me.

Thanks
Ryan

Learning how to use Sony Vegas with my Canon XF-11 HD camera which saves to AVCHD

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Tom SmarchRe: MTS files - how to convert?
by on Oct 11, 2009 at 5:33:36 am

I was wondering if you ever found a guide on the best work flow with the canon vixia camera. I have the HF S10 and love. I an doing different things with the files but would love to read some stuff, especially on deinterlacing .mts files for the best quality on the web.

Thanks for your help,
Tom.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Post removed.

Post removed.

Post removed.

Post removed.

Post removed.

Post removed.

Post removed.

Post removed.

Post removed.

Post removed.

Curtis LudlowRe: MTS files - how to convert?
by on Sep 18, 2011 at 12:06:31 am

I've been searching for a solution to this problem for about 2 hours. THANK YOU for posting!

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

mazhar iqbalRe: MTS files - how to convert?
by on Sep 19, 2011 at 11:25:15 am

plz help me

i m new user pnasonic hdc-mdhi
i want that mts file open in premeir pro 2
if any one know plz help me

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Post removed.

Post removed.

Post removed.

Post removed.

Post removed.

Post removed.

Post removed.

Post removed.

Alpe carlRe: MTS files - how to convert?
by on Jun 9, 2010 at 3:19:06 am

there are so much converter can help you ,like Aunsoft mts converter i am using .you can convert mts file to other format to further edit video for creation in one step.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

yamal duryeaRe: MTS files - how to convert?
by on Jul 17, 2010 at 3:58:25 am

I have recently discovered that Titanium Toast 10 does this conversion in one step, simply click on the Convert setting, Click on Video Files, drag the .MTS files onto Toast, set the save to location and hit the red button. A few seconds/minutes later your desired .mov files are ready for cutting.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Ken MartinRe: MTS files - how to convert?
by on Apr 24, 2011 at 3:06:55 am

Brilliant Yamal! Have to love this forum. I had small sound sync probs but easily fixed.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

by on Apr 24, 2011 at 7:02:52 am

Wow, so happy to be of help. Yes, I admit I love these forums as well. I have been saved many times by a little advice from my creative cow friends

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Post removed.

RayJohn TagayonRe: MTS files - how to convert?
by on May 30, 2012 at 12:56:43 pm

Can u give any link for the program?

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

by on May 30, 2012 at 5:19:25 pm

Here is a link, but hunt around and you may find it for cheaper.

http://eshop.macsales.com/item/Roxio/247000B/?utm_source=google&utm_medium=...

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Post removed.

Post removed.

Post removed.

Yasser Al QadyRe: MTS files - how to convert?
by on Jul 2, 2011 at 2:33:10 pm

http://www.mtsconverter.com/convert-mts-to-mov.html

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Post removed.

Amanda SmithRe: MTS files - how to convert?
by on Jul 15, 2011 at 6:52:25 am

You can convert your MTS to MOV directly,no need to convert it to MP4.
I use iCoolsoft MTS converter

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

sheril lindsayRe: MTS files - how to convert?
by on Aug 28, 2011 at 5:06:51 pm

MTS videos are possible to be converted to any video file format and as far as mpeg file format is concerned using mTS converter one can convert MTS viseos to mpeg file format without having any harm to the video file.

Get more help here:-
http://www.avchdmtsconverter.com/mts-video-converter.php

[url="http://www.avchdmtsconverter.com"]MTS Converter[/url]

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Post removed.

Anna Fernandez De PacoRe: MTS files - how to convert?
by on Oct 31, 2011 at 3:12:51 pm

Hello,

I have a new Sony camera: NEX FS 100. It creates AVCHD but the clips are MTS files.

FCP 7 doesn't take it. FCP X does (but that is another story).

I need to convert the MTS files into HDV 720 to cut with other footage and to use FCP 7. I have used Toast Titanium and it does convert them fast! is great but it isn't perfect because it convert the files into small clips and cuts of a few seconds at the beginning and end of each clip.

Does anyone know any better?

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Bill VaselevskiRe: MTS files - how to convert?
by on Nov 12, 2011 at 2:47:31 pm

This is my dilemma.

I am after a home movie making software. I am experimenting with "AVS Video Editor" but the final project is saved as a "AVI" format. which I assume is a great loss in quality. What is the point bying a full HD cam if you cant create, burn and then watch in full HD. the cam I am using is a canon legria hf s20. she's a beauty. A program came with the cam called "Image mixer 3" which captures the AVCHD and stores it as a "m2ts" file. But unfortunately, the edditing options is poor. Only options it offers is adding music and titles. No special effects such as transitions, voice overs etc.

Would there be a software anyone can recommend where i can go from recording something in HD (AVCHD) using my cammera, to editing burning in HD. cheers......Bill

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

john sheviRe: MTS files - how to convert?
by on Dec 27, 2012 at 6:54:57 am

I was using video converter a couple of years ago,
http://www.ilikemall.com/how-to/convert-mts-to-mov-mac.html
Almost every format known to civilised man

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Andy ChuaRe: MTS files - how to convert?
by on Dec 3, 2011 at 12:26:27 am

http://www.mtsconvertertool.com/convert-mts-to-dvd.htm is the best software for you ever.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Post removed.

Post removed.

Post removed.

Post removed.

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]