Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
HDV FORMAT:HDV Format ForumTutorialsApple FCP ForumAdobe Premiere Pro ForumSony Vegas Forum

Camera repair, URGENT help needed

COW Forums : HDV Format

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
raukouyCamera repair, URGENT help needed
by on Sep 30, 2007 at 1:42:57 pm

The Zoom and focus servos on my FX1 have gone crazy. Its weird, if I operate the camera leveled, they work just fine, but if I tilt it down over 20 degrees and touch the zoom rocker, it they start moving on their own back and forth.

Anyway... anybody knows a repair shop or service center in the Los Angeles area were I can take this? Sony (as per their site) dosnt have one, and I have to send it to get repair. I would like to do it faster and locally.

Thanks !

Adrian

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Blast1Re: Camera repair, URGENT help needed
by on Sep 30, 2007 at 8:04:29 pm

Have you tried the little reset button that is under the LCD screen on the control panel, it resets all the functions to default, it is always the best thing to try before going to service.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Digital AnticsRe: Camera repair, URGENT help needed
by on Sep 30, 2007 at 10:35:20 pm

If Blast1 suggestions doesn't work then you could take it to Abel Cinetech or Band Pro, I think Abel would be faster. My suggestions would be to switch it out of auto to manual and back, if you are able to do that. You probably have already tried that.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

topher944Re: Camera repair, URGENT help needed
by on Oct 1, 2007 at 4:54:44 am

Try George Meyer TV/electronic repair in West LA on Santa Monica. Morris is the owner and has worked on all my sony cams. (they're authorized) Around 100 bucks to diagnose which is applied to the repair. Using them for 5 years with no problems. Best of Luck, Kind Regards, Chris Kinsman

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Mark O'ConnellRe: Camera repair, URGENT help needed
by on Oct 5, 2007 at 6:39:31 pm

Before you take it in try it with steady shot turned off.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]