Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
HDV FORMAT:HDV Format ForumTutorialsApple FCP ForumAdobe Premiere Pro ForumSony Vegas Forum

M2t files & V1

COW Forums : HDV Format

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
rich ImageM2t files & V1
by on Feb 19, 2007 at 2:19:13 pm

I have a new V1. So far I am impressed that this little box can put out such a nice picture, even though if your going to shoot a lot under very low light its not as responsive as my old Z1, but I really like the look.

I bought it for the 24p and because it has an HDMI output for monitoring.

I also bought an HD Firestore to capture the video to hard drive, It offers the alternative to capture M 2 t files.

I don't understand what M 2 t files are and how they relate to what is captured with quicktime. Is there a difference?
Is there a different way that you have to handle M2t files in final cut? Is it even worth messing with.

One other question that has come up.....If i capture to tape in the HDV camera format. Can I output that HDV footage thru the output of the HDMI connector to a blackmagic board on a G5?

Thanks in advance for any answers to any of these questions.

Rich Rumppe

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Steven L. GotzRe: M2t files & V1
by on Feb 19, 2007 at 3:50:35 pm

When you capture HDV to a PC with HDVSplit (a free app) or with the Cineform Aspect HD utility HDLink, you get a M2T file. I imagine FCP wants a Quicktime file. My guess is that the only difference is a wrapper around the data, not the data itself.

Steven
http://www.stevengotz.com

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

redgumRe: M2t files & V1
by on Feb 25, 2007 at 10:35:13 pm

Steven, I thought the whole purpose of Cineform Aspect was to convert to AVI not M2T.
I can capture M2T directly from the camera to PP2.

Redgum Television Productions
Broadcast & Corporate Documentaries
Brisbane, Australia

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

gnomebardRe: M2t files & V1
by on Feb 19, 2007 at 10:34:25 pm

i'm anxious to know more about this myself since i just got the camera and was waiting for the Sony hard drive. At this point, i understand that FCP cannot read the M2t files and you have to convert them in MPEg streamclip

macbook pro intel dual
Sony HDV-V1U 24p

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

filmjeffRe: M2t files & V1
by on Feb 24, 2007 at 8:25:10 am

Have you considered the Focus FS 4Pro HD? It is about the same price as the Sony, can store up to 7.5 hours of HDV and can write directly to QT files for FCP on the Mac. I have a V1 and will be using it on an upcoming shoot in China and really worried about using the HV-DR60 only because all the m2T files would have to be "translated" to import into FCP. The Focus FS 4Pro HD seems like a much better option. Anyone using this arrangement who has a different idea?

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Jurgen doc.Re: M2t files & V1
by on Mar 8, 2007 at 2:49:46 am

I just tried to install the Quicktime HD upgrade into FS-4 Pro HD. It doesn't work. Focusinfo sent the money back. It seems they have a serious software problem

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]