Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
WEB:Web Design Forum- TutorialsDreamweaver Forum- TutorialsFlash Forum- TutorialsWeb Streaming

Google Maps

COW Forums : Web Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
Alex KittavongGoogle Maps
by on Mar 22, 2012 at 7:17:13 pm

I am wanting to embed google maps on my page. I know how to get the embed code and embed what they give you, but i see different ways google is embedded on sites. For example, what i want is to have a list of locations i pin pointed and when you click on it, it will show you which pinpoint it is at in the map. Hope this isnt confusing, any help is awesome. Thanks!

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Matt GeierRe: Google Maps
by on Mar 23, 2012 at 4:22:59 pm

Hi Alex,

I think you are saying you want to "plot many" locations, and not just a "single" location;

Here's more instruction;

http://maps.google.com/help/maps/getmaps/plot-multi.html

Hope that helps!

Matt

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Alex KittavongRe: Google Maps
by on Mar 23, 2012 at 7:08:45 pm

Hey,

Thanks for replying. I know how to plot the multiple locations. I know how to embed that map onto my site, what i am looking for us how to embed that map with the list of locations on the side. So when you click on a location in the list, it will pop up inside the map. Know what i mean? Someone else said use API. I never did an API before....

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Matt GeierRe: Google Maps
by on Mar 29, 2012 at 2:19:16 pm

Alex,

Sorry it took me so long here.

Whomever said to use the Google Maps API to code your locations links on the side was a correct response.

However, unless you're already familiar with the Google Maps API (or any API programming) it will not do you much good unless you want to learn to code with it. There are some resources that Google provides developers such as this one @ http://code.google.com/ if you want to take a shot and do it on your own.

Otherwise, if you'd like, I'm happy to help, too.

Just connect with me via a friend request on the Creative Cow, or LinkedIN (best ways).

I'm no expert on the Google Maps API by any means, but I am familiar with custom coding, and develop for myself using various languages.

Thanks,

Matt Geier
(Video Networking Solutions Expert)
(Creative Design Workflow Consultant)
(Social Media Networks Consultant)
(Technical Video Industry Sales Consultant)

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]