Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
AUTODESK:Autodesk Smoke ForumAutodesk CombustionAutodesk Smoke 2013

No preview with DM5 on octane2 v12 Smoke 2007 irix

COW Forums : Autodesk Smoke

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
Eduardo LorenteNo preview with DM5 on octane2 v12 Smoke 2007 irix
by on Feb 6, 2011 at 11:19:45 pm

I have in my job an old Smoke 2007 that runs under an Octane2 v12 with the DCD option and a vob with the DM5 option too and a PAL sync generator plug it to the vob
His monitor is a TFT Dell 24wfp. I use the V12 DCD´s left dvi connector for the TFT dell monitor and the right for the DM5 .I work in Pal res and my problem is that I have no preview through the DM5. I followed the effects editing 2007 hardware setup manual,I tried to configure the v12 with different resolutions and combinations(cmb) without success.. I checked that the DM5 was active in init.cfg file,and yes, it is active and the pal signal its driven to ch2 but still does not show a preview on the client monitor.
The only way that I found for have a preview on the client monitor is to use the readback mode option, but I want the preview through the DM5 not to use the readback mode option.
The gfxinfo command tells me that the channel 0 is 1920x1154 50Hz
(1920x1154 25r2 DL LCD) and the channel 2 tells me that the video output is 720x576 50Hz (625I)
So far nothing I tried works
Its the DM5 broken or died or are there someone special script (cmb) for the v12 DCD graphics card?
Can someone tell me how I should setup the octane´´s v12 and dm5 for work in pal resolution?
Please its very important for me and my job. Any help woul be very much appreciated. Thank you at all.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]