Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
AUTODESK:Autodesk Smoke ForumAutodesk CombustionAutodesk Smoke 2013

Getting Started...

COW Forums : Autodesk Smoke

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
Thomas TrudzinskiGetting Started...
by on Jul 22, 2009 at 7:57:51 pm

Hey guys,

I'm getting into motion graphics and a bit of compositing. I have a ton of fun doing it but would like to be on the cutting edge and increase my knowledge base. There is a gentleman I work with who uses the smoke system. I have taken on Apple Motion and have learned a lot. Motion is powerful but does anyone have suggestions on steps I should take to increase my knowledge base so I can begin entry into the more advanced compositing and FX industry (name a few programs), that is where my heart and "niche" is at and would appreciate any help on where to start from you guys.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

moody glasgowRe: Getting Started...
by on Jul 23, 2009 at 12:51:09 am

If you want to learn the Smoke, I would suggest taking classes directly from Autodesk. I took their classes, and I learned far more then I would have if I just did the tutorials on my own. You could also pick up a copy of combustion, that will help you get familiar with Autodesk's line of compositing products.
If you are not married to the idea of working on a Smoke or Flame, you could also learn a program like Nuke or After Effects. I know you can get a demo version of Nuke, and they have lots of tutorials on their website. If you want something you can play around with everyday, I would recommend going the free Nuke route for now. FYI ILM bought a site license of Nuke, so it is something that big companies are using in their workflow. At least for features and such.

moody glasgow
smoke/flame

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Thomas TrudzinskiRe: Getting Started...
by on Jul 23, 2009 at 1:33:26 am

Moody,
Thanks for the info. I'm downloading NUKE now. I really appreciate your help. It's a big industry and not knowing where to start can be frustrating.

Thomas Trudzinski

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]