Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
FORUMS:listlist (w/ descriptions)archivetagssearchhall of famerecent posts

Low cost wireless camera options

COW Forums : Live & Stage Events

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
Richard MaskeyLow cost wireless camera options
by on Apr 11, 2012 at 9:55:04 am

Hi,

We are trying to get a wireless camera feed back from a boat during a sailing event. The boat will not be racing but will move around a little bit and we will be using a Canon XL2 (composite or firewire out) fed into a PC running vidblaster for video switching and streaming from the beach.

The boat will probably be no more than 100m away but if possible I'd like a system we could use up to 500m for future events and peace of mind. Latency is not too much of an issue as we are broadcasting and not showing it at the live event, however it cant be ridiculous. We have a fairly limited budget at the moment but if we can prove this system works there will be money to develop it!

I have looked at various systems and the best I have found so far (and it can be rented) is the Teradek Cube, they have an inherent range of 50m and I don't see why I couldn't use an amplifier and antenna to extend the wifi range further.

Anyone with experience of this or other systems able to give advice would be much appreciated.

Cheers

Rich

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

PauMin SudarminRe: Low cost wireless camera options
by on Apr 12, 2012 at 3:16:43 am

Hi,

You can try this :

http://www.uskoreahotlink.com/products/surveillance/COFDM-Wireless-Transmit...

facebook.com/vfxstudio

Thanks
PM

The Art of Presentation

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]