Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
FORUMS:listlist (w/ descriptions)archivetagssearchhall of famerecent posts

Scaler problems

COW Forums : Live & Stage Events

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
Mike LibbyScaler problems
by on Dec 6, 2010 at 12:50:30 am

We just purchased a new live HD-SDI Switcher. The Datavideo SE-2000. Although a little bit of a "lightweight" it was in our price range seems like it will work well for us.

If you aren't familiar with this device:
It has 3HD-SDI inputs and 2DVI inputs.
Since it has no scalers everything must be scaled externally and all of the sources must match in framerate and res.

We plan to work in 720P 59.94 and we are able to make our production computers and our cameras work flawlessly with this.

But we are running into one problem. We would like to be able to have the option to run SD and analog RGB sources into it (such as if someone needs to plug a non-DVI laptop, a Wii, etc.)

My solution to this has been to use an old TV-ONE C2-5000 scaler and route it through an AJA HD10A (YUV/RGB to HD-SDI converter).

The TVONE has a 1280x720 60Hz output preset but, i cannot get it to output a synced image to the new switcher. Any ideas why I can't get this to work (I have also tried setting everything to accept 60Hz instead of 59.94 as well--with the same results)

The TVONE has the ability to set, individually, the following parameters.

here are the default settings for 1280x720 60Hz
HFreq-44.862KHz
Clks-74.650MHz
Lines/f: 59.896Hz
H/V active 1280x720
HV Start 192,3
HV Sync 163,10
Polarity -H+V
Output Type YUV

Any ideas? Can I tweak these settings to make this output the correct signal or am I trying to match equipment that isn't compatible?

Another note is that we have AJA Kona cards in our editors and I was able to take the YUV output from the TVOne and run it into the AJA card. It worked perfectly and registered up as 720P 59.94Hz--so it appears that I am creating a reasonably standard signal, but can't figure out why the AJA HD10A/Switcher cannot process this signal.

Thanks
Mike

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Walter SoykaRe: Scaler problems
by on Dec 6, 2010 at 5:05:59 am

[Mike Libby] "My solution to this has been to use an old TV-ONE C2-5000 scaler and route it through an AJA HD10A (YUV/RGB to HD-SDI converter).

The TVONE has a 1280x720 60Hz output preset but, i cannot get it to output a synced image to the new switcher. Any ideas why I can't get this to work (I have also tried setting everything to accept 60Hz instead of 59.94 as well--with the same results)

Another note is that we have AJA Kona cards in our editors and I was able to take the YUV output from the TVOne and run it into the AJA card. It worked perfectly and registered up as 720P 59.94Hz--so it appears that I am creating a reasonably standard signal, but can't figure out why the AJA HD10A/Switcher cannot process this signal."

Have you done any troubleshooting to make sure the problem is not the HD10A (perhaps it is configured for the wrong frame rate or is expecting external sync)? What happens if you feed analog component from one of your KONA cards through the HD10A into your switcher?

Walter Soyka
Principal & Designer at Keen Live
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
RenderBreak Blog - What I'm thinking when my workstation's thinking
Creative Cow Forum Host: Live & Stage Events

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Mike LibbyRe: Scaler problems
by on Dec 6, 2010 at 2:40:42 pm

Walter,

Yeah I did test out the HD10A, by sending a 720P component from the KONA to the HD10A to the Switcher. It works perfectly.

Mike

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]