Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
APPLE DVD STUDIO:HomeDVD Studio ForumDVD Studio TutorialsFinal Cut Studio

playing between chapters

COW Forums : Apple DVD Studio Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
Roger Watlingplaying between chapters
by on Oct 5, 2012 at 9:50:50 pm

Hi there,
I've been trying work this out but... I have a string of music promos that I want to be able to:-

1 play end to end (yes this is easy)
2 play individual tracks, i.e. play from chapter 3 to chapter 4 and then return to the menu.

I'm struggling to work out how to from one button the file plays from start to end and from other buttons, it would play between two chapters.

Thanks

Old editors never die, we simply fade to black

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

eric pautschRe: playing between chapters
by on Oct 5, 2012 at 11:37:47 pm

You'd want to use DVDSP Stories for this.......they act like play lists in iTunes. Check in the manual or look online...there are tons of tutorials and they are easy to use. Check back if you run into a snag.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Roger WatlingRe: playing between chapters
by on Oct 5, 2012 at 11:56:36 pm

Thanks, it's knowing the right place to start

Thamks

Rog

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Kylee WallRe: playing between chapters
by on Oct 10, 2012 at 3:12:33 pm

You can also do this with scripting if stories isn't doing what you want. I've actually done it this way vs. stories in the past because I'm a weirdo I guess.

I suck at explaining scripting, but I believe I learned it from here originally: http://digitalproducer.digitalmedianet.com/article/Conditional-Chapter-Jump...

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Roger WatlingRe: playing between chapters
by on Oct 10, 2012 at 11:10:33 pm

Thanks Kylee and Eric, I did have a go with scripting but my head exploded, Stories did the trick after a little fiddling.

having been an editor for more than 30 years many of those in tape suites where there was always an assistant or three around to do all this kind of thing, This old dog is having to learn new tricks :-)

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Kylee WallRe: playing between chapters
by on Oct 11, 2012 at 2:09:51 am

Yea, scripting is crazy, especially if you've never done any programming before. Good to know it exists though, if only for you to tell someone else to do it :)

blog: kyleesportfolio.com/blog
twitter: @kyl33t
demo: kyleewall.com

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  
+1

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]