Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
APPLE DVD STUDIO:HomeDVD Studio ForumDVD Studio TutorialsFinal Cut Studio

When buttons are highlighted, show a different preview video on menu

COW Forums : Apple DVD Studio Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
Nathan QuattriniWhen buttons are highlighted, show a different preview video on menu
by on Apr 2, 2012 at 2:15:10 am

Ok this is per the clients request. I have 6 buttons on the main menu. In the center of the menu is a box to display 30 second preview clips. I need to make it so each button that is highlighted shows a different preview video in the box. How would I accomplish that?

Thanks in advance!

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Michael SacciRe: When buttons are highlighted, show a different preview video on menu
by on Apr 2, 2012 at 3:24:58 am

Tell your client it cannot be done.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Nathan QuattriniRe: When buttons are highlighted, show a different preview video on menu
by on Apr 2, 2012 at 5:04:09 am

Oh no...really? Not even with scripts?

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Alex AspRe: When buttons are highlighted, show a different preview video on menu
by on Apr 2, 2012 at 5:09:45 am

The only possibility to "fake" the desired behavior of your menu is to make motion menu with videos included in each button, and "cover" them in normal state by opaque overlay. So you will have only one active (visible) button on-screen at a time. Will work a expected only on stand-alone DVD players. Computer playback would be quite unpredictable.

Alex Asp/Solaris Digital Ltd.
Subtitle utilities HERE
Anti-aliasing for Highlights:HERE

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

David MilesRe: When buttons are highlighted, show a different preview video on menu
by on Apr 2, 2012 at 5:42:02 am

The way I've done something like this in the past as examples of how it could be done is to

1. have duplicate menus each with the corresponding videos for each buttons
2. auto activate a button every time you move to a new button

As the button is activated upon selection it goes to the duplicate menu now playing the corresponding video. While the effect visually works, it is slow and clunky and of course never recommended. I use it as an example for my students of what not to do.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]