Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
APPLE DVD STUDIO:HomeDVD Studio ForumDVD Studio TutorialsFinal Cut Studio

DVD won't play on DVD player (layout file & VOB_DATA_LAY found in VIDEO_TS won't be included/

COW Forums : Apple DVD Studio Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
Glen JenningsDVD won't play on DVD player (layout file & VOB_DATA_LAY found in VIDEO_TS won't be included/
by on May 16, 2011 at 7:03:02 pm

Hi I have a DVD that plays fine in simulator, and when burnt plays fine in MacBook Pro. When put in a DVD player it won't play or says "bad disc."

Help!

The burn log in DVDSP has these two warnings highlighted:

Warning: the file "GJ_SELECTED_VIDEO_WORKS_11.layout' found in the VIDEO_TS or HVDVD_TS folder will not be included in the final disc.

and also:

Warning: The file "VOB_DATA.LAY" found in the VIDEO_TS or HVDVD_TS folder will not be included in the final disc.

So if anybody could tell me what to do to make it play back in a DVD player that would be great. DO I need to move these files?

Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Filip KubisRe: DVD won't play on DVD player (layout file & VOB_DATA_LAY found in VIDEO_TS won't be included/
by on May 16, 2011 at 8:10:29 pm

Just out of my curiosity, what brand is your DVD player?

Before you answear maby have a look at this (maby the whole Thread): http://forums.creativecow.net/readpost/155/880724

This might be answear to your problem.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________
DVD bitrate calculator: HERE
Dual-Layer Break tutorial: HERE
Anit-aliasing PS plugin: HERE

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Alex AspRe: DVD won't play on DVD player (layout file & VOB_DATA_LAY found in VIDEO_TS won't be included/
by on May 16, 2011 at 8:40:40 pm

Those warnings are there to say that the formatter module of DVDSP found those files in the build folder, and because they should not be on a finished DVD they won't be included there. This is perfectly normal. What should be worrying is the mentioning of HVDVD_TS folder.
If you have made an HD DVD by mistake, that definitely won't be played on a set-top player, and in most cases you will be presented with Bad Disc alert.

Alex Asp/Solaris Digital Ltd.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Bill StephanRe: DVD won't play on DVD player (layout file & VOB_DATA_LAY found in VIDEO_TS won't be included/
by on May 18, 2011 at 12:11:20 am

1. The .lay and .layout files are specific to the inner workings of DVDSP, and they don't belong on the finished burned DVD disc. Those warnings are normal, and you can ignore them.

2. Check that you burned a DVD project, not an HD-DVD project, which will play in Apple DVD player but not in a hardware DVD player.

3. Put the burned DVD into your Mac and look at the files on it in the Finder. The VIDEO_TS folder and AUDIO_TS folder should be at the root level of the DVD. If not, that explains why a hardware DVD player can't play the disc. I've seen several instances of less experienced people burning DVDSP projects with an incorrect folder hierarchy.

Bill Stephan
Senior Editor/DVD Author
USA Studios
New York City

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]