Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
APPLE DVD STUDIO:HomeDVD Studio ForumDVD Studio TutorialsFinal Cut Studio

Subtile import problems

COW Forums : Apple DVD Studio Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
Clyde HanceSubtile import problems
by on Jan 14, 2010 at 4:54:51 pm

I am trying to import a .stl subtitle file. I keep getting the prompt:
"No corresponding subtitles found.
The video asset timecode may not correspond with the timecode specified for the subtitles in the import file or the file is invalid."
Have checked the format and timecodes entered in the file and don't understand what is wrong. Is there something I'm missing.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Steve KirkhamRe: Subtile import problems
by on Jan 14, 2010 at 5:46:30 pm

Check the start time of the your video asset and the start time of your subtitle file. I expect the sub file is 01:00:00:00 whereas your video starts at 00:00:00:00

Steve Kirkham
Tree Frog Communication

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Clyde HanceRe: Subtile import problems
by on Jan 14, 2010 at 7:11:31 pm

We caught that discrepancy yesterday and changed all the start times with still no satisfaction. The file is created in Mac-Caption and we have saved it out as .stl, .txt and a .son, with know of them working.
The .txt and .son come in as just in and out timecode numbers and the subtitle with the .son pointing to individual .tif files. The .stl has a lot of other information included-position, font, size, color, etc. Is there something I could have wrong in the way the files are formatted?
Also, the original video is 23.98. Is there some incompatibility between frame rates I need to be aware of?

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Clyde HanceRe: Subtile import problems
by on Jan 14, 2010 at 8:00:35 pm

We found a post on http://abercap.com/blog/ which advices the user to add the .stl file to the track in DVDSP before adding the video track. And it works!

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Charlie DancerRe: Subtile import problems
by on Jan 22, 2010 at 4:50:13 pm

Hi!
Just remove the video asset , import the subtitles file you want to add , and after after the subs, add the video asset..
It seems there is a comflict between the timecode of the video and the subs..

Nothing but my piano....

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Iker MaldonadoRe: Subtile import problems
by on Jan 23, 2010 at 8:16:42 pm

I had try all the tricks that you guys told and nothing happens...

I use the Aegisub software to timming and style the subtitles, then I can export in a lot of different formats, I also use Subtitle Workshop to convert the files...

I tryed to import the subtitle with all kind of formats, since .ssa, .ass, .rtf, .stl, .txt... Included a .txt special for dvd studio pro.

I hope you can help me...

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Alex AspRe: Subtile import problems
by on Jan 23, 2010 at 9:24:10 pm

DVD SP is very finicky when it comes down to subtitles.

Check the names of your graphic files: they should not have spaces in their names, and the script file that references the graphics should also contain no spaces.

Also check that the timecode in the STL file correspond to the timecode of your video asset.

Finally, check the $TapeOffset command. It should be set to FALSE if the timecode is the same in the asset and in the file.

Alex Asp/Solaris Digital Ltd.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Iker MaldonadoRe: Subtile import problems
by on Jan 28, 2010 at 10:47:19 am

Hi Alex,

Thanks for the advices... I check and confirmed the name without spaces and the timecode. The only thing that I can´t do it is the $tapeoffset, I look everywhere how to put this at FALSE, but the program dosen´t let me do it, seems like you have to import the subtitle file first and then change to false, but I´m still have problems to import the file, maybe because of that...
How can I change the $tapeoffset to false?

Thank you again.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Jake RobbinsRe: Subtile import problems
by on Jan 30, 2010 at 3:18:24 am

Correct me if I'm wrong someone, but if you open your STL file in a word processor like BBEdit, you can change the "$TapeOffset=FALSE" property if you need to. It is one of the properties above the captions.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Post removed.

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]