Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
APPLE DVD STUDIO:HomeDVD Studio ForumDVD Studio TutorialsFinal Cut Studio

Creating a Layered Button

COW Forums : Apple DVD Studio Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
Matt JonesCreating a Layered Button
by on Jan 16, 2009 at 8:38:13 pm

Hey Guys,

I've done this before, but I've been away from the program for a while and for the life of me, I cannot figure out how to make a LAYERED button. I have a PSD file imported in my assets, but when I go to create an active button and look in its "inspector", there is no "Layers" tab there, as there should be. What am I doing wrong?

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Michael SacciRe: Creating a Layered Button
by on Jan 17, 2009 at 5:21:13 pm

IS the psd file just the button (with highlight and drop zone or the full image and you are really wanting to make a layered MENU?

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Matt JonesRe: Creating a Layered Button
by on Jan 19, 2009 at 7:18:27 pm

Hello,

The PSD file is JUST the button. I have a .mov file as my background, and PSD files of my buttons. Each PSD file has three layers, with the button's normal, selected, and activated states. No matter what I do, I cannot get the PSD file, when I turn it into a button, to give me the option to select the different layers for each state. The "Layers" tab that should be in the button's inspector (according to the manual) just isn't there. I'm using DVDSP4. Any help would be appreciated.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Matt JonesRe: Creating a Layered Button
by on Jan 19, 2009 at 7:35:37 pm

Hey Guys,

An update: I'm realizing that you need to have a "Layered Menu" to create a "Layered Button?" The problem with this is that a "Layered Menu" doesn't seem to allow you to use a .mov as the background...am I missing something? This is very frustrating. All I want to do is use layered PSDs for my buttons!

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

John PaleRe: Creating a Layered Button
by on Jan 20, 2009 at 2:19:39 am

Can't do what you want. Its not part of the DVD spec.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]