Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
APPLE DVD STUDIO:HomeDVD Studio ForumDVD Studio TutorialsFinal Cut Studio

menu button goes to previous track

COW Forums : Apple DVD Studio Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
Colin Thomasmenu button goes to previous track
by on Nov 15, 2007 at 2:02:27 am

when testing my project with simulator if I'm ever at a menu and press the 'menu' button on the remote I am taken to whatever track had been played most recently. preferably I want the 'menu' button on the remote to take user back to the Main menu no matter where you are, whether in the middle of viewing a track or at a sub-menu. Is this possible? Is this just something that happens in Simulator as I have yet to burn and see if the problem persists when actually played in a DVD player?
thanks for the help
-Colin

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Max @ Area 4Re: menu button goes to previous track
by on Nov 15, 2007 at 3:56:09 pm

That's just part of the spec. You have no control over it. Standard practice is to disable all user ops except "button select" and "stop". It's not too much to ask the user to navigate to the Main Menu button and fire it if that's where they want to go.

Max
--
Author
New York
Area4.tv

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

msacciRe: menu button goes to previous track
by on Nov 15, 2007 at 8:43:57 pm

[Max @ Area 4] "Standard practice is to disable all user ops except "button select" and "stop"."

I'm not sure I would call this a "standard" practice to disable this. It is a option for sure but most major release titles you buy do not disable the menu button jumping back to the video. One place it is helpful is if you are watching a movie and want to see the audio or subtitle options on the menu you can go there and look around change settings hit menu again and you are back where you left off. This I believe was the thinking behind the spec.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Colin ThomasRe: menu button goes to previous track
by on Nov 15, 2007 at 9:38:28 pm

thanks for the attention to my post. I have reviewed some of my DVDs of major release titles and see now that nearly all perform this way: "menu button" from a menu scene returns to most recent viewed track/video. That makes me feel better. I just didn't want something on my final DVD product which caused viewers/customers to believe the DVD faulty/inferior.
thanks,
Colin

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]