Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
APPLE DVD STUDIO:HomeDVD Studio ForumDVD Studio TutorialsFinal Cut Studio

Next Chapter button conflicting with End Jump

COW Forums : Apple DVD Studio Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
hockeyguy00Next Chapter button conflicting with End Jump
by on Nov 9, 2007 at 10:26:26 pm

I'm putting together a DVD with 13 different tracks. (It's a DVD to accompany a textbook and each track covers a different topic) I have each track's end jump set to link back to that track's submenu (through the advanced connections tab). So here's the problem. I also need the next chapter button to jump to the next track, so you would be able to cycle through the tracks via the next chapter button.

Each track only has one chapter, so I went to the advanced connections tab and for each track, set the next jump to the consecutive track. I also disconnected the track end jump and instead set the chapter end jump to the corresponding submenu.

This seemed to work at first. When watching a track all the way through, the end jump took me back to the submenu. Also, while watching a track I was able to click next through all the tracks. Perfect. Or so it seemed. After burning a copy, and testing it on several DVD players, I discovered the next chapter button only worked this way in the DVDSP simulation. Instead, when hitting the next chapter button it acts as the end jump and takes me back to the submenu.

Is there any other way to configure this that I might be missing? Any help would be great.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Max @ Area 4Re: Next Chapter button conflicting with End Jump
by on Nov 11, 2007 at 3:38:55 pm

I'm not a DSP pro, but this is what I'd try...

Make a story out of your tracks, and set the end jump of the track's first marker (if it's the only one, or the last one if there are more than one) to your submenu. In theory, the marker command (which is a cell command) should get bypassed when you press "skip", and should get you to the story's next entry.

Max
--
Author
New York
Area4.tv

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy