Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
APPLE DVD STUDIO:HomeDVD Studio ForumDVD Studio TutorialsFinal Cut Studio

is this possible in DVDSP4 ? A couple things.

COW Forums : Apple DVD Studio Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
Leppyis this possible in DVDSP4 ? A couple things.
by on Sep 25, 2007 at 9:04:19 pm

I've created a menu with 5 buttons, using an overlay layer to show highlights when the button is selected.

I also have a keypad (made in photoshop), similar to that of a DVD remote control (left, right, up, down, enter). This is located on the bottom right of the menu.

Is there a way (possibly involving a script) to have the graphical keypad in the menu light up in response to the user pressing the keypad on the remote control?

If not, is there a way to have text appear only appear when a button is selected? I would like the selected button to show text, but it needs to be hidden when not selected.

Thanks.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

ArniepixRe: is this possible in DVDSP4 ? A couple things.
by on Sep 26, 2007 at 3:47:55 am

[Leppy] "Is there a way (possibly involving a script) to have the graphical keypad in the menu light up in response to the user pressing the keypad on the remote control?"

No. See thread directly below.

[Leppy] "If not, is there a way to have text appear only appear when a button is selected? I would like the selected button to show text, but it needs to be hidden when not selected."

Look up "Advanced Overlays" in your DVDSP manual. It explains how to do this in detail.

Arnie

Now in post: Peristroika, a film by Slava Tsukerman

http://www.arniepix.com/blog

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

LeppyRe: is this possible in DVDSP4 ? A couple things.
by on Sep 26, 2007 at 1:21:08 pm

Arnie - thanks for pointing me in the right direction!

Using an advanced overlay, is it possible to have text appear outside of the button's defined region, when the button is selected?

The menu background I'm using doesn't allow me to include the text within the button, b/c of space limitations... do you know if I can have text appear on another part of the screen outside of the button box? (drop zones? even if it involves creating a video of the text on this part of the screen that plays when the button is selected?)

Thanks very much!

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

ArniepixRe: is this possible in DVDSP4 ? A couple things.
by on Sep 26, 2007 at 2:25:21 pm

[Leppy] "Using an advanced overlay, is it possible to have text appear outside of the button's defined region, when the button is selected?"

Nope, not possible. Agian, this is covered in detail by your DVDSP manual. It's also been discussed here with some regularity. Search the posts back 12 or 24 months & you'll find a wealth of discussion.

Arnie

Now in post: Peristroika, a film by Slava Tsukerman

http://www.arniepix.com/blog

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]