Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
APPLE DVD STUDIO:HomeDVD Studio ForumDVD Studio TutorialsFinal Cut Studio

Have problem with break point

COW Forums : Apple DVD Studio Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
Edward G DownieHave problem with break point
by on May 5, 2006 at 8:53:32 pm

Hi I have burn a lot of dual layer DLT for replication and this is the first I have this problem after I start the tape to format this is the error message I get

(Formatting was not successful. A suitable marker could not be found in the required layer break range. See the DVD Studio Pro User's Manual for more information.)

I have put several marker in different area without any luck, the total information on disk is 7.89 GB I have burn several dual layer dvd from this TS folder but I am unable to burn the DLT Drive any help would be appreciated thanks.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

sacciRe: Have problem with break point
by on May 8, 2006 at 5:13:34 am

Working my way down so this is a repost from a similar question above. {Personally I would never let the program set the layer point.)

I have a process that I do all the time to find a valid Layer break point.

(After you author your project but before you burn a disc)

First you need to put several chapter markers in the video(s) that are roughly before and after the half way mark of all your video. If in doubt put them through out.

Now do a build with Automatic selected for layer break.

Then do a Format and go to the disc info tab and click on the layer break button and all the valid layer break points will be black. This gives you the range that you can set a legal layer break. I write down the first and last chapter and I see where the layer break pause will be lest offensive and delete any unwanted chapter points.

This requires time to mux but if you are on a fast machine it is not too bad but it is the safest way to do it without doing a lot of math.

REMEMBER if you add or subtract assets or rearrange VTS items you should start the process over.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Michael VolkeningRe: Have problem with break point
by on Dec 15, 2011 at 7:51:34 pm

Most excellent! Ended several hours of banging head against wall, whis is bad for wall.

Mikey

Studio 2 (FCP 6.0.6)
Mac Pro 2.66 GHz Quad-Core Intel Xenon
OS 10.5.8
6 GB Memory
http://www.moonfacemedia.com

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter