Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
APPLE DVD STUDIO:HomeDVD Studio ForumDVD Studio TutorialsFinal Cut Studio

Automatic Subtitle Enable?

COW Forums : Apple DVD Studio Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
edmond4Automatic Subtitle Enable?
by on Mar 16, 2006 at 11:43:24 pm

I'm creating a DVD for a client who works with people with disabilities.

They want Subtitles always set on by default. Is this possible? When Authoring the DVD can I force subtitles to always play by default? If not, I'll have to actually embed subtitles onto the video before I Import it into DVD Studio Pro.

Thanks for any help on this.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

sarahxpRe: Automatic Subtitle Enable?
by on Mar 17, 2006 at 12:00:01 am

You can set this with the disk and play button inspector. Click advance and select the subtitle stream you want. The default is not set. You can also create a button for 'no subtitles' and set the subtitle stream to none. No need to bring the video with the subtitles, although depending on how you created your subtitles, your video with embedded subtitles may actually look better, so you should do some tests.

Hope this helps. S.
http://www.proandpost.com

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

ericRe: Automatic Subtitle Enable?
by on Mar 17, 2006 at 12:53:13 am

Also , in your first play, you can set the subtitles to the "on" position. Look in the First Play inspector.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

edmond4Re: Automatic Subtitle Enable?
by on Mar 17, 2006 at 12:56:38 am

[eric] "Also , in your first play, you can set the subtitles to the "on" position. Look in the First Play inspector."

How awesome, thanks a ton, I'll look into that.

"It is, in fact, nothing short of a miracle that the modern methods of instruction have not yet entirely strangled the holy curiosity of inquiry; for this delicate little plant, aside from stimulation, stands mainly in need of freedom; without this it goes to rack and ruin without fail. It is a very grave mistake to think that the engagement of seeing and searching can be promoted by means of coercion and a sense of duty." --- Albert Einstien

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

edmond4Re: Automatic Subtitle Enable?
by on Mar 17, 2006 at 12:58:56 am

[sarahxp] "You can set this with the disk and play button inspector. Click advance and select the subtitle stream you want. The default is not set. You can also create a button for 'no subtitles' and set the subtitle stream to none. No need to bring the video with the subtitles, although depending on how you created your subtitles, your video with embedded subtitles may actually look better, so you should do some tests. "

Hey,

Thanks a ton for the quick reply and into, I'll get looking at this.

Thanks

"It is, in fact, nothing short of a miracle that the modern methods of instruction have not yet entirely strangled the holy curiosity of inquiry; for this delicate little plant, aside from stimulation, stands mainly in need of freedom; without this it goes to rack and ruin without fail. It is a very grave mistake to think that the engagement of seeing and searching can be promoted by means of coercion and a sense of duty." --- Albert Einstien

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]