Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
APPLE DVD STUDIO:HomeDVD Studio ForumDVD Studio TutorialsFinal Cut Studio

missing .m2v file icons in folders

COW Forums : Apple DVD Studio Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
drPETEmissing .m2v file icons in folders
by on Mar 14, 2006 at 12:14:03 pm

Hi DVD STUDIO PRO,

I recently updated my COMPRESSOR and DVD STUDIO PRO version 3 using the mac software update tool. Since then every time I make a .m2v file from Final Cut Pro it makes the .m2v file correctly but without the proper icon. When I try to open the folder to see the files the folder collapses. The only way to find the files is to select import using DVD studio. This is really annoying as I can't delete any old encodes. After opening a suspicious folder which I know to contain .m2v files a number of times, the finder crashes and I have to relaunch osx.

Please help.

Thanks

SKIPZONE FILMS

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

NateRe: missing .m2v file icons in folders
by on Mar 16, 2006 at 5:18:02 pm

hey,

i've been having that problem too!

i know this has probably at one time or another been covered in the cow and i was going to post a new question along that today because i'm fed up with it and what to know what is going on

i have the exact same problem - i still get burnable dvds and can delete my files by selecting more than one at a time but what is causing this "iconless" file that causes osx to crash and make it unreableable by other apps. other than dvdsp

any help would be great or any info you find pass it along...hopefully someone whill thow a bone out...i can't help you other than to say your not the only one with this problem...it's very weird i think though...

thanks in advance
nate

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

drPETERe: missing .m2v file icons in folders
by on Mar 23, 2006 at 9:57:39 am

Still no solution .... I wish someone would help us!

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Gaya TovaRe: missing .m2v file icons in folders
by on Nov 14, 2010 at 11:26:12 pm

Hey guys,

I came across this thread when I was looking for a way to delete my .m2v file. I was having problems emptying it out of my trash because an error message said it was unable to delete while the file is still in use. I knew for sure it wasn't being used since all my applications were closed. I changed over the extension from .m2v to .mov and it allowed it to be deleted and emptied. Finally..

Let me know if this helped at all.

Good luck!

-G

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]