Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
APPLE DVD STUDIO:HomeDVD Studio ForumDVD Studio TutorialsFinal Cut Studio

DVD@ccess/Hybird DVD success?

COW Forums : Apple DVD Studio Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
shadesskiDVD@ccess/Hybird DVD success?
by on Feb 21, 2006 at 10:06:26 pm

has anyone had success with creating a hybird dvd using the DVD@ccess? I did a test dvd using this feature. the functionality worked great in the simulator, but did not work on a PC or MAC software player after i built and burned a disc. i believe i did all the steps according to the manual in the build/burn section. i also installed DVD@ccess plugin on my PC running WinXP. i have a real project coming up and the client really, really wants to use the feature. i want to make sure i cover all the bases before i suggest to or not to include this feature. any help, advice, tips? Noah?

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

WTS(JManz)Re: DVD@ccess/Hybird DVD success?
by on Feb 22, 2006 at 6:30:04 pm

If ROM content enhancement is a 'must' for your dvd video project, then I would use eDVD 4 (OK, I know it sounds like a pitch for my review article, but it's really not). I author primarily on DVDSP, but use eDVD 4 to do ROM enhancement. DVD@ccess looks great on paper, but in reality it doesn't deliver what you'd expect or want on consistent enough of a basis that it's worth using for anything but your own personal discs (IMO).

Jim

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Andy TaplinRe: DVD@ccess/Hybird DVD success?
by on Feb 27, 2006 at 5:27:45 pm

I would aggree about eDVD over DVD@ccess.

I'm doing my first DVD-ROM and had to get eDVD because DVD@ccess just did not work on the PC.

It's not perfect though as I can't get eDVD discs to launch URLs on the Mac - I've been told it works but so far no luck.

Anyone done this?

Andy

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

by on Feb 27, 2006 at 11:30:34 pm

Andy,
Please walk through (a bit) the process by which you created your URL's, what exact link did you do, and how did your format/burn your discs?

Jim

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Andy TaplinRe: DVD@ccess/Hybird DVD success?
by on Mar 1, 2006 at 10:10:59 am

Thanks Jim

The URL links are launched from a chapter marker at the start of a video track with a 3 sec delay.

After building in eDVD (V4) all the files are burnt to a DVD-R using Sonic RecordNow (V7) as a data disc.

This disc works fine on my PC - it plays on the Mac as well in the Interactual player but the URLs don't launch.

Andy

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

by on Mar 1, 2006 at 9:56:50 pm

Andy,

I posted on the dvd authoring forum as well. URL's should work regardless of whether you formatted on a PC or a Mac. Not exactly sure why yours aren't, because they should. With the information provided, the only things I can think of off hand are that the way you set your links (ie the way you typed your address when setting up) the Mac 'can't' read. You are playing it on a Mac that doesn't have the specs to play the eDVD enhanced discs. Your Mac lacks the software to play the link (hard to believe). Something in the formatting process has resulted in failed playback.

Another thought is that you have set your link on a delay to launch. What is the duration of your track? What 'action' did you assign the link: play, pause, or stop? If you haven't done this, I would try setting the URL to launch right away, and set the action to 'play'. I know you get that warning box saying you shouldn't, but give it a try.

As I posted on the other forum, you could also try formatting on your Mac (as I outlined there) as a disc image (so you don't waste a disc) and mount the image file and run the Interactual Player and selecting the video_ts folder within the mounted discs image. You could test your links and see if it works better.

Jim

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]