Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
APPLE DVD STUDIO:HomeDVD Studio ForumDVD Studio TutorialsFinal Cut Studio

NTSC to PAL issues, help!

COW Forums : Apple DVD Studio Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
RadManNTSC to PAL issues, help!
by on Jan 19, 2006 at 5:25:55 am

Hello,

I am really in need of professional advice here, and any tips would be GREATLY appreciated. I am not an expert in Final Cut Studio, but I am OK to get things done on the project I am working on. Some things, despite cracking through multiple manuals, I can't properly figure out... THANKS AGAIN for any help!

I am working on a DVD project which I want to release in two versions: NTSC version in US, and PAL version for Poland

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

MitchJiRe: NTSC to PAL issues, help!
by on Jan 20, 2006 at 6:25:39 am

Hi,

First, given the following do you really need PAL Discs?:
From Jim Taylor's book "DVD Demystified":
"... almost all DVD players released in PAL countries can play both types of discs as long as the right kind of television is connected. When playing NTSC discs, PAL players can output a 4.43 NTSC signal (called 60-Hz PAL) that combines the NTSC scanning rate with the PAL color-encoding system. Most PAL televisions sold since 1990 can can handle this type of signal."

If you do I would convert your finished NTSC project to PAL using compressor or the Nattress plug-in. If you are not happy with the titles in the converted PAL footage replace them with the original 720 x 540 versions in FCP before creating your PAL DVD.

Best Wishes,

Mitch

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]