Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
APPLE SHAKE:HomeShake ForumShake TutorialsApple Shake

noise removal in shake.

COW Forums : Apple Shake

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
James Cheethamnoise removal in shake.
by on Feb 23, 2009 at 7:36:59 pm

Hi there, I have been following along Andrew Shanks keying tutorials on creative cow. It has been really helpful but my key is not quite there yet. One thing that interests me after reading on the forums is that it is best to remove noise before keying. I was just wondering how this can be done. Is it a plugin that I need or can shake do it internally.

Thanks in advance for your help.

ps: The problem with my key is a wierd flickering on the inside of the matte. The edges are fine. It's just the core that is flickering. I have created a core matte which is a solid white, so I am unsure why.

Cheers

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Bill GilmanRe: noise removal in shake.
by on Feb 24, 2009 at 11:20:18 pm

One thing I've done is use After Effect's degrain on the GS before keying in Shake. There's also an Ungrain macro floating around that you can find (Google it).

It's expensive, but Foundry's Degrain tool is pretty good when used correctly.

Often what's happening (esp with HD and DV footage) is that the math done to despill the image is bringing a lot of blue noise into the comp. You can try using HueCurves (use the G suppression curve, bring it down close to zero for the cvs near center green) for your spill suppression. Sometimes works, sometimes doesn't.

Good luck!

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

david CoiffierRe: noise removal in shake.
by on Mar 8, 2009 at 10:21:30 am

Furnace plugz pack also contains an interesting denoiser, with temporal denoising (kinda frameblend) in areas where no motion is detected, to avoid frames superposition. But that pack is prolly also very expensive :/

About your inner matte flickering, is your footage interlaced ?

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]