Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
APPLE SHAKE:HomeShake ForumShake TutorialsApple Shake

Shake 3.5 Tutorial

COW Forums : Apple Shake

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
mooveelvrShake 3.5 Tutorial
by on Dec 24, 2006 at 8:09:38 am

I am learning Shake 3.5 using the Apple tutorial that came with the software. The first thing you need to do is browse to the Shake3/doc/pix/vp. Well, I go to filein, application, shake 3.5, doc, pix, vp and nothing comes up. What am I doing wrong? I only have 1 software disk...are the tutorials somewhere else? I'm so frustrated. A week of trial and error and I can't make it past page 9. I feel so stupid...I'm an editor but right now I don't feel like it. Thanks for any help anyone can give me.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Andrew ShanksRe: Shake 3.5 Tutorial
by on Dec 24, 2006 at 7:13:52 pm

Hey dude,
Merry Christmas!! ...right, onto your problem, ...that is the correct directory for the tutorial files (from memory they are installed by default when you do a full install). I have just had a look on my old system (which still has 3.5 on it), and the directory you are pointing at is the Vanilla project tutorial. If you are trying to load the shake scripts, there are 2 that are there. If you are starting from scratch (which you should be) click the file-in node within shake and then multiple load the items required for the first tutorial (follow the PDF tutorial manual and you can't go wrong). If you can't see anything there, get out of shake and have a look manually in that folder to see if anything is in that directory, if there is nothing maybe have a quick look at the shake install disc's contents (....as I say, it is ages since I had to install v3.5 so i can't recall exactly, but am pretty sure those tutorial files weren't an extra install (maybe run the installer again and see if you have a custom install option where you might be able to install just the tutorial material, ..or if you cans see the files just manually copy them over).
Let us know how you get on.

Goodluck,

andrew

:-)

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

mooveelvrRe: Shake 3.5 Tutorial
by on Jan 3, 2007 at 3:10:19 am

Alrighty...well, you definitely helped me. Thank you very much. I had to customize my reinsall of the software to include the tutorial files. So, I am well on my way working on the tutorial. I'm sure you'll hear from me again.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Andrew ShanksRe: Shake 3.5 Tutorial
by on Jan 3, 2007 at 8:50:03 am

glad its all up and running! Goodluck with it all, ...seems a few folk up here just learning shake at the moment, so there might be some interesting threads come up, feel free to fire me any questions you like. :-)

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]